Durkan Chase

Guest_

At the Start
Loads of rain last night and this morning in the Naas/Punchestown area. The Listener must be the value....he would be favourite for this if he had not run in the north.

There are doubts about the meeting tomorrow. I have a pre-racing meeting with Owners Association and was told this morning that the racing is unlikley to go ahead. Severe frost expected this evening and with water in the ground, it will make it very difficult to thaw out.

Very close to Punchestown and I can confirm it is absolutely freezing outside. Sun will have to come out very early to thaw things out.

What a pain in the hole.

Any chance the Durkan will be rescheduled, or do HRI not indulge in such practices?

It's does not seem that cold out but the roads and footpaths are still frozen. It's a pity it's on a Tuesday but at least we won't lose the meeting.

Indeed.

Following on from yesterday's discussion about doing a tissue for an Irish card, this card is surely a case in point of an absolute nightmare to price up.

Not even, Gearoid. I had a tough time getting to grips with much of the card when I went through it last night (admittedly a tad on the tipsy side!).

The novice hurdle and the beginners chase both look nightmares to price up IMO, never mind the fecking maiden hurdle.

Looks like Sweetman did the tissue BTW.

Some bookmakers take the easy way out and only price up the big races and handicaps first thing, waiting until the market settles to price up the maidens and bumpers etc. Trying to price them up is guess work at the best of times.

I won't have access to ATR today. Does anyone know of an on-line radio service that will cover Punchestown? Sporting Life and Timeform radio only do UK racing, I think.

Thanks, granger, never knew it existed.

If War could win today it would spice up the season quite nicely. I'll not be getting stuck in, though.

There's already been money for John Kiely's newcomer Miss Abrahnovic in the bumper. She doesn't have much to beat.

Last edited:
Back