Epsom Derby 2012

What a performance from Camelot! I always knew he was capable of such a performance and the 2000 Guineas showed he was the classiest three year old in Europe and stepped up on that with an emphatic but easy dominating performance which was never in doubt throughout the race.

What a prospect, simply an amazing specimen and quite frightening should one horse emerge right after the passing of Montjeu and it's nothing short of remarkable which Ballydoyle are no more deserving off.

Well done Aidan & the team, probably the greatest Derby horse I've witnessed on The Downs.

Time for you to move on now.

St Leger followed by Arc is the route nobody took successfully

User Friendly gave it a good go. I see no reason at all why they shouldn't take that route, other than some obsessing over stallion profiles. The connections may well feel that a nice bit of history is preferable to a balance sheet increment. Its a sport after all (rather than a fcking spreadsheet) and credit to them if they do so.The horse has the class and ability to win easily and as ever in racing, too much is made of whats gone before. If its do-able. then it can be done

Would be great to see champions targeting the leger again rather than yet another 10f trip.

Last edited:
What a fantastic horse Camelot is, great win. Slightly disappointed that Cavaleiro and Bonfire didn't do better though, I'd thought one or both might have managed to place.

User Friendly gave it a good go. I see no reason at all why they shouldn't take that route. The horse has the class and ability to win easily and as ever in racing, too much is made of whats gone before. If its do-able. then it can be done

Would be great to see champions targeting the leger again rather than yet another 10f trip.

Alleged would be the closest..close finish with Dunfermline in the leger followed by great Arc win

Looking at Camelot in the pre-parade ring reminded me of Harbinger, he's got that sloping athletic skin dropping off the bones from his hind quarters - what a monster!

Did Nijinsky put a bit of hoodoo on other attempts? All before my time but i could imagine a lingering effect given racings propensity to look back for inspiration

Aha...magnier has his say and nice to see he's on the wavelength some of us hoped he would be.... it looks good
"Wouldn't anybody (be tempted by the Triple Crown)? These things get to mean more as you get older, if you had asked me 30 years ago I might have looked the other way, but we will have to see what Derrick (Smith) and Michael (Tabor) say about it."

What a great race, great horse and a real champion.

I love the way he raced, he has everything. Great for connections with how they ran Astrology. I like how they are going for things with this horse, unlike the safe campaigning of Frankel, and as a consequence he's much easier to warm to.

What a great race, great horse and a real champion.

I love the way he raced, he has everything. Great for connections with how they ran Astrology. I like how they are going for things with this horse, unlike the safe campaigning of Frankel, and as a consequence he's much easier to warm to.

thats a lot of nonsense Hamm..Frankel has been campaigned at the distance he is bred for and is stepping up in triip

you can't just praise one horse and leave it that..you have to have a stab at one you don't like

Last edited:
Frankel would have won The Derby last year and I agree with Hamm that Henry Cecil has been a little backwards in coming forwards with the horse.

There's no doubt that Frankel has put Henry back on the map and he's probably a little cautious in his approach in the event of screwing things up given this is his last chance at the top.

Im sure its been said before but frankel needed to settle more in races to produce his very best at 10. First race at 4 proved that hes going right way towards that. Hes been campaigned perfectly

the reason Frankel has campaigned at a mile last year is that they kept him in training..a rare thing these days with a champion racehorse..anyone would think this season is over..its just starting

some b0llox talked on here sometimes

Last edited:
As is the suggestion that cecil is being cautious so as to get his career back on track. Simply doesnt wash and I think its fair to say he has greater on going concerns than hoping to attract a few new owners next year

I feel sorry for you such a small opinion upsets you so much.

I am guessing you lost $$$ today. Have a drink, go for a run, you'll feel better...

I feel sorry for you such a small opinion upsets you so much.

I am guessing you lost $$$ today. Have a drink, go for a run, you'll feel better...

you'd guess wrong then...you should be more used to losing than me i reckon..because if you measure people's success by the way they post then you must lose most days because you are without doubt one of the most unpleasant individuals i've come across on messageboards

you like to give it but can't take it..a typical bully

Last edited:
Back