Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

Ruby out of the Nash with a hairline wrist fracture. Is that 3 of the last 5 he's missed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:( thought he'd been pulled up pretty sharpish but was hoping for the best. He's a horse I always liked although he maybe didn't live up to his early potential.

RIP Kings Palace, thoughts with connections

Ah, feck it :(

I'm sad for the horse and connections; I'm also frustrated that it's yet more grist to the antis/PETA mill. Please God (and I'm not even religious) let all the GN runners come back safe.

Three of my favorites on this thread over recent days. Happy retirements to Balthazar and Somersby after fantastic careers. RIP Kings Palace who looked like he could be a superstar, but never quite got there

13yr old Wishfull Thinking retired after finishing in rear at Cheltenham today. Twelve wins, £500k prizemoney and numerous good runs at all the major festival over the last 7/8 years. Fantastic career & a credit to all involved

:( what happened, didn't notice anything during the race

RIP Golden Chieftain, he's been a grand servant to his connections

Shame about Shalaa having time off because the Commonwealth Cup would have been huge for him. I trust Gosden will bring him back to the boil and plan a couple of late season targets.

Also sad to lose Golden Chieftain today. Been in the wars through not being able to stay on his feet really and a good stick at his level.

What an absolute sickener about Golden Chieftain - a terrific old stayer who had had no luck recently with his two last fence falls and he was running another blinder today when breaking down before the last - a great servant and a terribly sad end .

Not good news for Aidan O'Brien pair, Hit It A Bomb has had a setback and wont make the early Classics, Johannes Vermeer also out for a few months

Back