Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

Eddie put this whole thing together very inexpensively and I know was close to the mare. His loss is far greater than others.

Next Time Ed!

Leave At Dawn retired. Only a youngster and didn't get the chance to really show the class everyone thought he possessed, but couldn't recover from the injury caused after he struck into himself in the Pertemps final last year. To say his breeders are gutted is the understatement of the month. He was given a chance though and we have been told he has gone to a good home.

Last edited:
Captain Dunne, Epsom Dash winner a few years back,has died at the age of 12 after suffering a fatal accident in his retirement paddock.

Francois Doumen has announced his retirement.......though he gave up training Jumpers in 2009, so he was technically properly-retired back then.

A great trainer of some tremendous racehorses. I hope he has a long and comfortable dotage.

The worst horse Gigi own Champagne Classic out for the season sadly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's really sad. I think he was home bred by Jim Goldie and named after his grandsons, they will all be devastated.

My old pet Licence To Till who was once a decent handicapper for Mark Johnston, sadly broke his leg at home in a freak accident this morning and had to be put to sleep.

Back