Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

He holds a special place in my heart.
A good friend of mine (non racing) had a day trip to Cheltenham the day Klairon Davis won Champion Chase, asked me for a tip, I tipped KD and she went and had her only £20 on him. The winnings got her a set of tyres for her car and immense kudos among her fellow guests.
Great days when those Moore trained Festival horses were trained to the minute.

I really loved him too. He won me money at the festival when things were a bit tight as well.

Stood by the final fence when he won the 1996 Champion Chase, will never forget the way he won.

Klairon holds a special place in my heart as the first Arkle winner I backed. He was the horse who led to my habit of backing Arkle winners to follow up in the QMCC the next year although I opposed him at the time with the Flagship.

RIP fella

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cause Of Causes was nearly the cause of hari kari for Davy Russell and most of Kanturk when finishing late and fast in Galway Hurdle won by Rebel Fitz.
Amazing to see him stay in the limelight for as long as he did.
Some horse.

A good friend of mine sourced Lilbitluso in Ireland and owned part of him until just before his Cheltenham win a few years ago - gutted for him, Steve, John & Justine the others involved at the time, Derek Malam who's a top point-to-point man here in the NW and Joe who's never backward in telling you when he fancies one.

RIP

Martin

Retirement for forum bred ( Songsheet, not that she comes on here these days!) Novabridge - they are looking for a home for him if anyone horsey is interested - he will be exactly like his dam and have the most wonderful temperament and will be a cracking fun horse for someone. Sadly six months too early for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A good friend of mine sourced Lilbitluso in Ireland and owned part of him until just before his Cheltenham win a few years ago - gutted for him, Steve, John & Justine the others involved at the time, Derek Malam who's a top point-to-point man here in the NW and Joe who's never backward in telling you when he fancies one.

RIP

Martin

Thank you everyone he wasn't just a horse he was my friend my pride n joy I nearsed him back all summer from he's tendon injury liveing the dream off this one day the aintree foxhunters what he had done upto today this season was only 70pc today he was 120 ready to run the race off he's life he would have not taken a step backwards from whear he was in the race .hes work rider collapsed and died only six weeks ago and now our beloved hutch has gone .this is killing me now .

This was the post that Joe posted on the Jumping for Fun forum (point to point forum) and it just sums up how really sad it is for connections. As Martin said, he was never backward in telling us about his horses and was singing from the rooftops about this one for a long time. Doubly sad is the fact that his regular rider had sadly passed away only six weeks ago and yesterday would have been her birthday.

Back