Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

Anyone know how Tom Weston is after that fall? Just read he was airlifted to hospital. I pray to God it's not a repeat of last year wit JT.

Worcestershire-based amateur jockey Tom Weston, injured in a fall here yesterday, is being treated for 2 punctured lung

Lets hope he makes a full recovery. Horrible incident that. When you look at AP's wife you realise why he's retiring. She cannot wait for his last ride because she's petrified he'll get seriously hurt.

If he was single with no kids he'd keep going for a few more years. I get the impression it's a reluctant retirement.

Perhaps after his last fall that took him out of the 300 for the season race the doctots told him a few truths about what might happen next time - you can only push the body so far and coming back so quickly each time must play a part.

And after Archie having serious surgery last year must have hit him emotionally.

Must be heart wrenching for him to give up but if he has been told its carry on and end up a cripple with young children or retire now and enjoy life with them perhaps he realised there is more to life than riding?

I suspect that's absolutely true and it's head ruling heart.

It's hard to come home every night and the support you receive is constantly tinged with doubt.

Not surprised to hear Glens Melody has been retired. Annie Power's fall was unfortunate but it was great for her to get that on the board in her last race.

I assume Annie will go for the World Hurdle next year but Mullins has a fantastic replacement up his sleeve for the Mares that didn't even travel this time!

Anyone know how Tom Weston is after that fall? Just read he was airlifted to hospital. I pray to God it's not a repeat of last year wit JT.

Tom Weston has been discharged from Southmead Hospital in Bristol to continue his recovery at home

Not surprised to hear Glens Melody has been retired. Annie Power's fall was unfortunate but it was great for her to get that on the board in her last race.

I assume Annie will go for the World Hurdle next year but Mullins has a fantastic replacement up his sleeve for the Mares that didn't even travel this time!

Morning Run?

Danny Cook has been banned for six months by the British Horseracing Authority after failing a drugs test.

Barry Geraghty due to attend James Connolly Memorial Hospital in Blanchardstown for an x-ray on possible fracture to his left tibia.

Back