Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

Thanks edgt. She was 22 and supposed to visit Australia this year. She had 12 foals that lived to racing age. 9 were winners, one non-winner, there's the maiden, 3yo filly Yarrow and now an Arcano colt foal. They sold a Galileo mare called Long View for 1.1 million guineas at the December sales, so Yarrow (sea the Stars) becomes more valuable now.

The lovely Elusive Kate sadly died foaling a colt foal (her first) - he survived and is doing well with foster mare.

Last edited:
I don't know if my long gone hormones kick in sometimes but I find things like this particularly heartbreaking.

Wayward Prince, Scottish National winner, and trainer Hilary Parrott both retired

Last edited:
Oh that's good news; I thought that they may be tempted to try the National with him again. It also means that the little so and so can't win every time I don't back him #lovehimreally

Prince Bishop and African Story also retired.

Davy Condon retired from all race riding and excercising on health grounds following his fall in the Grand National.

Last edited:
Apparently Rolling Aces has collapsed and died on the walkway at Sandown. :(

Came out of the grandstand to see the screens up with some of the crowd helping to hold them up, and didn't know who it was. They didn't announce anything but maybe they thought it wasn't the day. It was very hot a lot of horses were looking very dehydrated when they came in. Sorry for connections :(

Back