Euro 2016 betting thread

No commitment and no desire. Utter shambles

Congratulations to Iceland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the England side listened to the will of the English people and took the referendum result as an instruction.

Looks like the England side listened to the will of the English people and took the referendum result as an instruction.

That is funny.

So what do we call this, can't be, Brexit the sequel, because it only involves England.
Joe Hart flopping around the penalty box like the entire political class at Westminster, now that is truly ******* hilarious.

Iceland were hungrier......which is amazing when you consider Wayne Rooney was in the England side.

Cheer up England fans pretty soon you'll have your Premier League back with all those really good foreign players and even better European managers.

Look at the difference Eddie Jones made compared to Stuart Lancaster.
The coach makes all the difference.
Hodgson makes Stuart Lancaster look like Pep Guardiola

Hodgson was sacked by Liverpool because it was simply, the worst football in a long while.
He found his level at West Brom. The same team as Tony Pulis!
That is the pond he should always have been swimming in........not England.
Those youngsters could never have been motivated by this dinosaur surely??

Which Premier League club is going to snap him up now?

Just look at Conte to see what impact a coach can make.

Last edited:
England leaving Europe twice in a week looking like a bunch of utter clowns. Great to know the English have the power to unite Europe (in laughter!).

How is Glenn hoddle an 8/1 chance to be next England manager. Eddie Howe at 12s looks like a rick

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

Hodgson was sacked by Liverpool because it was simply, the worst football in a long while.

Hodgson had the job because the cupboard was literally bare of English managers, it's a sad statement to make but he really was the best option we had after it had become clear that employing foreign managers just doesn't work for England.

Interestingly enough, I thought I'd check to see how England's record in major competitions had fared before and after the creation of the Premiership.

Somewhat surprisingly, it has been considerably better since.

The happiest team at euros is Chelsea

Which manager said this and why is it brilliant managemeet?

Top young player who was a great and knew his own mind

"What do I do boss?"

"Bring it down. Find a red shirt and **** off some where else "

I'm of the view that it's naturally more difficult for English players to make the grade so you have a smaller pool of eligible players. However, that pool is of a higher quality so if you can get a balanced standard throughout the squad/eleven it should be capable of better. As it stands we have a decent squad with young players coming through but no leader on the field.
Hodgson seemed to base his starting eleven on Spurs which wasn't unreasonable given that Kane, Alli, Dier, Walker and Rose were all in place. Unfortunately, Sterling (for Lamela), Rooney (Eriksen), Lallana (Dembele) plus two decent but not outstanding centre backs just didn't work and, the second half against Wales aside, neither did the substitutions and there was no plan B. He had to go but a quick look at the market confirms that there is no outstanding candidate to replace him.

How many of the Iceland players would walk into the England side?

Any?

Last night wasn't about ability. It was about mentality. This England team doesn't have it.

I recently watched the programme about Euro 1996. It was a great watch. Was there a Stuart Pearce on the pitch last night? If so he was wearing an Iceland strip.

Too many England players are motivated by money. I've no idea how much they get for representing their country but I imagine it won't match their club wages. Until England have players who will walk through a brick wall for their country they will not get to major finals. It's one thing beating up diddy teams [like Scotland] in qualifying campaigns but these other teams are there on merit too. Holland didn't even make it there.

The majority of the England side would walk into the Iceland team. And would have struggled to get out of the group stages.

Don't know if it's true, hard to believe tbh so take it with a pinch of salt, but one of the Icelandic players is quoted as saying that as the players were coming out onto the pitch for the second half, Harry Kane asked the referee if England were out if they lost,:blink: and that Joe Hart was telling those near to them "we can't play this bad against France on Sunday" as well as "we can't lose to this lot, they're sh*t"

Last edited:
It wouldn't surprise me DG, listening to Kane makes Rooney sound like Stephen Hawking!
DO I was only saying last night during the game that England haven't had a fist pumping leader since the likes of Adams and Pearce. John Terry is possibly the exception but I think his private behaviour may have caused unease in the dressing room.
Looking at the betting list for next England Manager is like looking at a selling plate at Hexham!

I don't have any problem with a foreign coach. It's not done much/any harm to the cricket or rugby.

I would have a certain sympathy with an agreement for Lineker/Shearer plus a couple of other pundits having to take it on with a mandatory jail sentence if they don't achieve targets.

They should let the 1996 squad into the dressing room to let the current players know what they really think...

Seeing them getting off their plane at Luton with people holding umbrellas up for them sort of sums it all up.
Just too pampered.

Back