Fairyhouse 2011

Liked your post IS - word from down south is that Kandinski is a bit special - he has been laid out for this and connections are bullish.

Liked your post IS - word from down south is that Kandinski is a bit special - he has been laid out for this and connections are bullish.

Thanks

I put him up when he ran first time out in a Bumper - didn't get a great ride (came wide with the winner up the rail). Hoping that he doesn't win this time mind lol

Last edited:
I'm on a family holiday and the one thing I wanted to do today was put up a short price in running lay of Blackstairs -a horse who has been chinned twice at 1.01 in the last year.Needless to say I didn't get the time-any idea how low he went in running.

Good racing there today:

I'm focusing mostly on the bumper - looks a lovely P2Pers race and the fav is IMO clearly the best horse in the race, was qualified over here in the UK last year but the trainer was of the opinion the horse was too good for UK points and sent him to Ian Ferguson in Ireland. The horse is a machine and won in the fastest time of the day last time out despite being heavily eased late on - Simonsig is a very worthy favourite and should win.

Simonsig is the joint top rated 5yo in Ireland this year - and the other also runs in this in the shape of Done En Dusted who's won two of his last three starts and would likely have made it his last 3 but for falling two out last time out, he's currently available at 16/1 and is well worth a bet. The third horse I like the look of in this is another with plenty of experience in the shape of Commanchewardance who won well at Loughbrickland late last month, his best form has come on a softer surface which is a worry but he stays well and if granted an easy lead he could be hard to peg back, he's 16/1 too at the moment.

Martin

Nice one Martin:cool:

Great call Martin, bowed to your superior knowledge and backed the winner - cheers!! Wonder did they let him go to O'Leary for €100k?? Would look like a steal at that price - very impressive.

Interesting to see that Colin Tizzard sends THEATRE GUIDE, a nice winner of a decent event at Chepstow last time, to contest the bumper (7.05) Leopardstown this evening. 5.6 on Betfair at the mo, is he worth an interest?

I would be very interested to hear Martin's view on this race. I love Sarsfields Ride but this may just be too soon in his career. I have heard very little from the Mullins stable (except Blackstairsmountain was working like a champion hurdle horse) so don't know about their two. The Tizzard horse may be the one on this.

Sarsfield's Ride made a very nice debut at Gowran. He moved up to the heels of the leaders at the entrance to the straight without any problem but was very green after that. His trainer likes him a lot as a future prospect but said the other week, just before the Gowran race, that he needs to mature further.

That said, his form is as good as any other horse in the race, bar the favourite.

I like Last Instalment too.

He went into my notebook this time last year. On the face of it, his hurdling career looks to be pretty well summed up by his 130 rating. However, Gagewell Flyer is no Pegasus, and I think the Fenton horse is priced up by uncertainty about the ground.

His sire, Anshan has had many decent good ground performers (Asian Maze, Powerstation, etc.) So I reckon he is innocent until proven guilty, so I have to have a few quid on at 7/2.

Don't have any really strong view on the Bumper tbh OTB with so many unraced horses but of those with racecourse experience the one that interests me most at a big price would be An Capall Mor, he was beaten on his debut behind a horse of Donald McCain's who was a previous winner from two starts, the second of those starts being when third under a penalty to a well backed winner for the BPD boys. The fifth that day was a previous winner of an AW Bumper and was 14+ lengths behind the selection that day, whilst a number of the beaten horses had previously show winning and placed form (most notably Chickini and Count Vettori) and whilst I don't know too much about the jockey Mr S F Magee(7) he rode the horse first time out and the horse appeared to be very green in rear and the race was all over by the time he got the hang of racing, although the winner was eased An Capall Mor finished like a train inside the final furlong. This horse looks overpriced to me at 18/1 and Simon West wouldn't be sending him to Fairyhouse for the fresh air.

Does anybody have any conclusions about the two decent handicaps on the Fairyhouse card today?

The Dan Moore looks a much weaker race than usual. One of those races where I go by a process of elimination, rather than trying to wittle a handful of fancies into one selection. The least worst horses in the race to me are Fosters Cross and Peak Raider. The former looks to have been laid out for this race, and looks very well handicapped off 131. I know he has been in and out, but I think he will relish two miles at a fast pace on fastish ground over fences. So I will go for him, with a reverse forecast saver including Peak Raider, who looks well on the up (but may not like the ground).

In the previous race, I can't see past Pires (7/1), who looks potentially thrown in off his low weight. He will like the ground, he will like the trip. I make him a 9/2 shot.

Last edited:
Kiely wouldn't be top of my list of trainers to oppose when the money is down - yard's in form, horse is fit though will come on for the run from what I've been told. Only negative is it's a career high mark and he's not exactly getting any younger but he has decent form at the track so would be Dolphin Bay for me.

Wouldn't mind being on Liz Doyle's 4yo Gamede either in the Graded Hurdle, was a cosy winner on his Irish debut and travelled very well into the race, Mullins horse to worry about and appears that connections have backed Gigginstown Stud horse (Rocky Wednesday) with VC but it's Gamede for me :)

Back