Fareer

Argghhhhh, got so excited about Yeats forgot to back Fareer :confused: and had no time to get to paddock to see him beforehand, so ended up going completely bonkers during his race. Thought they'd throw us out of the bar - but everyone celebrated with us. Fantastically brave little horsey, really looked glorious, coat gleaming, best behaved in ring. Plenty of shouting and shoving and he just took it all in his stride.

Well done Jules and Songsheet, what an achievement for you and the mare. Not bad stalion either!

You must be very very proud of your little boy. Tracy (his lass) was screaming the place down, and so she should.

We had already shed tears over Yeats, and went nuts again. What a day. :)

Congratulations. I hope days like today compensate for the hard work and disappointments on other occasions.

Inherited Mummy's tough, gun-barrel, let's-do-it attitude - I swear his nose got longer as he stretched and stretched for the post. Brilliant, brilliant, brill. And even with Ricardo Hills on top!

Well, have woken up still pinching myself ! Did the evening check on the River field where the mares and foals are, alongside the cows and calves and it was a lovely, peaceful sight. Songy got her apple, which she for once graciously shared with BARRANTES, so she was in a good mood too! If her idiot colt foal ever gets to the sales I'll be surprised as he has a death wish, hanging around the other mares and getting nipped and shoved....

Thanks again for all the congratulations - I am still smiling over Isinglasss' banner for YEATS and just knew they'd go ballistic over FAREER's race as well..

I backed the colt with my biggest bet of £10 e/w on the Tote so biggest return ever (I only bet about twice a year:lol:) so that's a couple of tonnes of cattle feed taken care of! Yay !!!!!!

so chuffed for you , Songsheet, brilliant brilliant result, and what a wonderful colt he is - still screaming the place down after in winners enclosure - wonderful !!!

Congratulations ... first time i've seen close up views of the horse - very good looking animal. How do his brothers/sisters compare in this way?

Songy hasn't thrown an ugly one yet - they are all good lookers with plenty of athleticism. Her first, the MAGIC RING filly INCANTATION, was very small and didn't do anything but from then on, they've all a bit of size about them. It's easy to say but without doubt, her best looking foal was her CAPTAIN RIO filly who very sadly died in paddock accident as a yearling having been purchased by Joe Foley of Ballyhane Stud. She was a bit special and am still gutted about that.

Currently there's a DIAMOND GREEN yearling colt here who's very smart but the Crown Prince has to be her COMPTON PLACE colt foal. Pessimist that I am, I'm just waiting for something to go wrong with him.........

The most impressive thing about Fareer to me is that he is still such a baby, still behaves like a two year old in his mannerisms and expressions. He was whinnying in the winners enclosure, which is rare. I think he's certain to win a group race if he stays right.

He squealed his head off at Goodwood when I went to, er, 'represent' the breeder there. He was being playful rather than awkward. Jimmy Fortune opined then that he'd be a stakes horse - he may be babyish in his mannerisms off-course, but he breaks like a pro, does what his jockey asks, doesn't arse about pulling and fighting his rider, and runs straight as a die. There are some much older horses who could learn racing etiquette from this baby.

I thought I heard him gobbing off - that's another habit that can be attributed to his dam, she always has summat to say..... At least he inherited his bit of class from his dad !!

That was what I was saying to you after Chester, Songsheet - he's still so very babyish in his expressions and behaviour, although on the track he doe sthe job quite professionally. He does look a nice prospect.

I wonder if he'll continue to do it - presumably they'll geld him before long. However, his dam still shouts whenever something new or exciting happens - and often when it doesn't. She was known for it when at Malcolm Saunders' yard too and we're never in any doubt as to what Songy thinks about life here, as she's a very vocal mare!

Thank God BAHAMIAN BOUNTY at least dominated on the ability front!

When we rushed round to see him after the Winner's Enclosure he was all excited, but still perfectly behaved. Looked quite affectionate with his lass and was prancing along by her side as if he knew he had just done something pretty damn clever.

He has a really young looking head, just full of youth and vitality. But as you say, knows his job and seems to really enjoy it. One of the lads! :)

Brilliant, brilliant stuff! Hearty congratulations (albeit belated). I jumped out of my seat when he flashed past… followed by a sense of anti-climax when I realised I hadn’t had a penny on.:(

...bet you wish you had turned up now!!:thumbsup:

Thank you Mr Miller! Glad you saw him - even if it was just a ginger blur....

Would have been fab to have been there but simply couldn't justify the expense. However, I did back him £10 e/w and Giles won a bundle too, so we are well-chuffed with the colt..

Thank you Mr Miller! Glad you saw him - even if it was just a ginger blur....

Would have been fab to have been there but simply couldn't justify the expense. However, I did back him £10 e/w and Giles won a bundle too, so we are well-chuffed with the colt..

Brilliant!!! :D But at his odds you could have funded the entire week with him, let alone the day.

...a shame you weren't there, you're a long time dead.

Possibility of a listed race next? I'd imagine some black type would make a massive difference Songsheet..

Back