Favourite Race

Frankel

Senior Jockey
What has been your favourite race you have ever watched. Thinking caps on, and you can have 2 picks.
Again i'll start the ball rolling.

My favourite race is the 2004 Tingle Creek. Watching top notch 2 milers strut their stuff is a joy to watch. The King Moscow showing the 2 pretenders the way. Well Chief and Azer made the race a classic.

My 2nd race would be the forementioned in the Queen Anne romp - Pure poetry in motion.

No question, Moscow Flyer V Azertyuiop in the Tingle Creek. A pure unrivalled crack cocaine hit when BG looked between his legs before the pond fence.

EDIT - Had'nt read the end of your post so didnt realise we're on the same page!

Last edited:
Morley Street's win in the 1993 Aintree Hurdle and "that ride" by Brad

Kauto Star's fifth King George

Probably Team Spirit winning the Grand National; it's what gave me my love of racing. Then Dessie winning the Gold Cup which brought me back to it after a few years in the doldrums [thanks Des].

Kauto's return to greatness in the 2011 Betfair. Unexpected at 6/1, and the Haydock crowd genuinely in raptures.

Frankel totally twatting a top quality field in the Juddmonte, his first trip over 10f.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph_AB05PsA0
The Viking was half a length down as they approached the last, he took off first and just battled all the way to the line.

Iris De Balme Scottish Grand National.

A few years ago I won an all expenses day out for two at the Grand National courtesy of Laddies, but on the Thursday before my mother sadly passed away. Everyone insisted we go, its what she would have wanted.... Anyway, Do Or Die Wins. Three weeks later its the Scottish equivalent. My mothers name is Iris and its her actual birthday, the 19th of April, Iris De Balme is number 19, spooky or what.
As some of you may know I am very big on Dosage, IDB had a -1.00 cd so I was pretty certain he would stay. Huxley was claiming 7Lb and took the weight down to 9-7. But hang on, he had just rode Old Benny to win the 4 mile novice chase at Cheltenham for his boss Alan King, yet he chose not to ride him despite the fact he would have took his 7Lb off, leaving the 4/1 favourite Old Benny on 10-0 in a handicap that Alan king was bossing with Halcon Genelardais. It had plot written all over it. I have never been so excited, I rang everyone, we had prices in the hundreds. A very emotional day, and a race that will live long in our family's memory.

Last edited:
That Tingle Creek.
The Monty Pass National. On at 33s, I had the whole town on it, a queue out the door of Tara Bookmakers waiting to collect

Frankel's Guineas, Queen Anne and Juddmonte
Kauto's 5th King George
Kikos winning at my home track Towcester :)
Sea the Stars Arc

I could go on. Horse racing rocks :cool:

1995 Melling Chase is my absolute favourite.
2006 Nassau Stakes
Kauto gold cups and most of his king george wins
Dessie gold cup
2003 Goodwood Cup

Loads of others...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jumps

2005 Victor Chandler Handicap Chase - Well Chief
1990 King George - Desert Orchid

Flat

1990 Nunthorpe - Dayjur (better sprinter than Black Caviar:ninja:)
1993 2,000 Guineas - Zafonic

Back