Festival Preview Evenings 2018

wouldn't be convinced the final furlong one will be all that, the podcast has gone a bit downhill for me with the constant in jokes/banter which i'm sure will make an appearance tonight.

if they binned off kennedy and just had blake, keenan and rory d (who i could listen to talk racing all day) on weekly i'd still be an avid listener but at the moment i can take it or leave it.

Seconded. Kennedy is insufferable. I can't listen to it anymore, which is a shame as I love listening to Blake.

Barry Geraghty has probably been the best panel attendee I've seen so far.

I thought he was considerate, insightful and honest with his answers at the FF/ATR preview last night......and where he couldn't be honest, he at least had the good manners to swerve the question! :lol:

The Final Furlong/ATR podcast last night was decent generally. I liked Tony Keenan, Boycie was bearable, and if Kevin Ryan stuck to analysis, and binned the Beavis & Butthead routine with Kennedy, he'd be really good too.

I actually don't mind Kennedy too much, but...........you know?........he's one of them?.............a bit of a fanny.

Tony Keenan was excellent. That Kennedy fella is fair annoying. Barry Geraghty was just looking at him thinking what the f**k am I doing here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought Keenan’s evaluation of Native River and the bounce factor was really good after his performance last time.

“He’s gonna bounce to the moon lads” in his biggest Cavan accent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it replayable anywhere yet?

Keenan is superb in fairness, Blake is fine when he isn't being juvenile, Kennedy wants a film and tv podcast and has become a bit overpoweringly Racing Posy typish or as Grassy put it better 'a fanny'

No, DG, it wasn't aimed at you, it was meant for the inmates generally. We/they seem to put much more work into arriving at selections than your average "pundit".

Do people want the chatroom opening on Sunday night like we usually do? Only downside is I won't be in to be able to monitor it, and I would have to open it around 6.30 and couldn't close it till about midnight. That doesn't mean we couldn't set a time to start discussing things later than its open. Either that or do it Monday night instead, but obviously people will be travelling and already at Cheltenham so might not be as busy then.

Last edited:
Do people want the chatroom opening on Sunday night like we usually do? Only downside is I won't be in to be able to monitor it, and I would have to open it around 6.30 and couldn't close it till about midnight. That doesn't mean we couldn't set a time to start discussing things later than its open. Either that or do it Monday night instead, but obviously people will be travelling and already at Cheltenham so might not be as busy then.

If you don't have the Chat open on Sunday, I will hunt you down and kill you.

Maim you.

Send a strongly worded PM.

Probably do fu*ck-all.

Yes please.

Had to laugh at Robbie Powers quote about Sizing John

RP – He has his swagger back. Working well. Everything gone smoothly, was just back too soon last time out. VG 1st time out, in heavy ground, and harder race than we thought. Gave no sign he had that hard race, until we went back. Jessie made decision to go straight to GC, and 99.9% of time she’s right. Couple bits of work and a school to go, but couldn’t be happier. When he’s shaking his head coming back in, you know he’s in good form, and he is all last week.

Is this for all TH members or just something for a group of the longstanding guys ? Never done anything like that before would be interesting to read or contribute to if I can.

Is this for all TH members or just something for a group of the longstanding guys ? Never done anything like that before would be interesting to read or contribute to if I can.

Anyone can join in as long as they are members and logged in, but you've been here 5 years so even if they couldn't I think you would be classed as longstanding anyway :D

Last years if you want a look, not the easiest to read due to the formatting but you can get the drift :)

http://www.talkinghorses.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?21676-Cheltenham-Preview-Night-Chat-Log

and what you need to do on the night, I'll post a thread before hand reminding people :)

http://www.talkinghorses.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?21673-Chat-room-How-to-use-it

but you've been here 5 years so even if they couldn't I think you would be classed as longstanding anyway :D

Erm didn't realise I'd signed up that long ago. Only really been contributing the last few months or so as I'd been on Sabbatical haha.

But thanks shall have a gander.

Last edited:
Anyone watching this on Monday, the stream broke just as they were about to discuss the CGC and wasn't able to be fixed:lol:

Back