First season sires and other 2-y-o stuff 2014

I haven't posted often but as someone as interested, if not more so at times, in the breeding side of the industry, I've found this thread really interesting throughout the year. Thanks Colin.

edgt
Phoenix Reach covered about 40 mares in 2012 and these will be 2yos next year. From a quick look at the owners and mares' names I'd be surprised if there's many flat horses amongst them. Then in 2013 he covered only about 20 mares. Kongsclere Racing Club were not among the owners of the mares. Will look at 2014 foalings and coverings when I can.

Elm Park's dam has therefore not been sent back to Phoenix Reach. She was covered again by Shirocco in 2012 and produced a colt (the 3yo colt is a full-brother). In 2013 she was sent to Passing Glance, so Kingsclere kept it in the family. As soon as I have the result of that mating I'll tell you.

So will he be another Damister?

edgt
Phoenix Reach covered about 40 mares in 2012 and these will be 2yos next year. From a quick look at the owners and mares' names I'd be surprised if there's many flat horses amongst them. Then in 2013 he covered only about 20 mares. Kongsclere Racing Club were not among the owners of the mares. Will look at 2014 foalings and coverings when I can.

Elm Park's dam has therefore not been sent back to Phoenix Reach. She was covered again by Shirocco in 2012 and produced a colt (the 3yo colt is a full-brother). In 2013 she was sent to Passing Glance, so Kingsclere kept it in the family. As soon as I have the result of that mating I'll tell you.

So will he be another Damister?

2013 ex Lady Brora is a Shirroco colt, 2014 ex Lady Brora is a Passing Glance filly.

MALAF is made a decent debut last night..i make that run a 85/90 mark which for FTOer is smart

the 4th + 5th in that race are worth watching over the next few weeks..both should be able to eat an average maiden on the AW..Stay Strong & Sparring

Last edited:
Back