First Season Sires

Hamm

At the Start
Cashmans are offering a market on the leading first season sires. Quiter interesting, and of course depends on who stood in UKI for their first season (and hence likely to have more runners here this season), and I must admit I don't have that knowledge to hand.

http://www.cashmans.ie/antipost/antepostnews.html

All things being equal, Haafhd at 7/1, and Sulamani at 50/1 stand out.

Any thoughts on sire's progeny you are looking forward to seeing?

It's hard to look beyond Exceed And Excel, although I agree with you that Haafhd is in with a shout - people seem to like what they saw at the yearling sales last autumn.

Among the outsiders, Needwood Blade might do ok.

How many would have chosen Acclamation at this stage last year? In this day and age you need the sire plus the numbers play a big part.

I cannot see Sulamani get too many too early.

CASHMANS have priced up the latest crop of freshman sires, with Ballyhane Stud's Captain Rio and Juddmonte's Oasis Dream (pic) the joint-favourites.....

Cashmans
7-2 Captain Rio, Oasis Dream, 6 Hawk Wing, 13-2 Choisir, 8 Acclamation, 9 Dubai Destination, 11 Statue Of Liberty, 14 Spartacus, 16 Where Or When, 20 Dalakhani, 22 Nayef, 25 Chevalier, 33 High Chaparral, No Excuse Needed,40 Clodovil, Domedriver, Okawango, 66 Kris Kin, Reel Buddy, 100 Carnival Danc

I didn't realise he was that short Gearoid. Not that big of a surprise then.

Andrew, I am not sure about the support Coolmore gave One Cool Cat with their own mares, but he covered a huge book of mares and should have plenty of early runners.

Originally posted by Colin Phillips@Mar 21 2008, 09:24 PM
I see that there is a One Cool Cat entered in the Brocklesby tomorrow........cost a mere 10,000 (pounds, euros, dollars........not a lot anyway).
Racing Post have him in at 50/1...

Originally posted by Colin Phillips@Mar 21 2008, 09:24 PM
I see that there is a One Cool Cat entered in the Brocklesby tomorrow........cost a mere 10,000 (pounds, euros, dollars........not a lot anyway).
Ran a nice enough race in third but just watching the race you wonder where the vast majority of those 2 year olds will be this time next year.

We actually have Exceed and Excels,which arent half bad.Rode the American Post this morning and its a rat.Best one ive ridden so far is by Fusaichi Pegasus,big butch filly

yup, he did it well enough but like you posted earlier on this thread I wonder where the runners in that race will be next year. They're only babies. Drayton just held off chjimes in that race last year. The medecis ran well I think he'll be a good source of two year olds and his fee is very reasonable.

God I hope not - I hate seeing 2yr olds pushed too far too soon

What's your Refuse To Bend like Spoons?
I'm looking forward to seeing the offspring of him and Ringmoor Down next year

Originally posted by Headstrong@Mar 30 2008, 06:40 PM
God I hope not - I hate seeing 2yr olds pushed too far too soon

What's your Refuse To Bend like Spoons?
I'm looking forward to seeing the offspring of him and Ringmoor Down next year
Running 2 year olds on heavy ground at the Curragh in March is stupid.

Meant to say we have 3 Exceed and Excels.The Haafhd is a half brother to New Girlfriend.My favourite 2 year old so far is the Bachelor Duke/Pharaohs Delight filly I rode first time on grass this morning.Another nice filly is Peanut Butter (cool name too),by Montjeu ex Zelda,dam of Zipping.

Back