First Season Sires.

Kurious looks like a very nice sort. Godolphin thought their horse was quick but was burned off at the latter end of the race.

The second horse is owned by the same connections and looks useful too.

Calyx an impressive winner for KINGMAN in the first at Newmarket. Strange action, bit like a giraffe.........a very quick giraffe.

Tesio was always worried when owner-breeders used their own sires too much. Calyx's dam is by Juddmonte's Observatory and her granddam is by their Quest for Fame. So doesn't seem to worry them.
Must admit I couldn't find any giraffes in the pedigree but the family traces back to some good mares, one of whom was a half-sister to Derby winner Coronach.

I almost posted in Colin's thread re Calyx but he scares me and best I didn't as he got round it himself the next day.

Gosden is in wait and see mode as am I...very impressive at Newmarket if you missed it http://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/video/20180609/2788580/16661422

His dam is a full-sister to the dam (African Rose) of that Frankel filly Fair Eva, who promised so much 2 years ago. He looks a colt who will be suited by 8f and probably won't get a lot further.

Tesio was always worried when owner-breeders used their own sires too much. Calyx's dam is by Juddmonte's Observatory and her granddam is by their Quest for Fame. So doesn't seem to worry them.
Must admit I couldn't find any giraffes in the pedigree but the family traces back to some good mares, one of whom was a half-sister to Derby winner Coronach.

Great story about Coronach, 1926 Derby winner.
A front runner, trained by Fred Darling who was a jockeys for horses man and believed Joe Childs was the ideal partner for Coronach.
Problem was Joe was a hold up jockey who did not like winning from the front. Horse wins the Derby having led all the way and Joe's response was "What a lousy way to have to ride a horse !".... what would Rishi/ Luke/ Francesca/Mick Fitz think of that ??? ( or Joe Brolly come to think of it !)

Two FSS winners yesterday:

Limerick 2.50 Joza for MORPHEUS
York 4.40 Hesslewood for SLADE POWER

Winners to date:

BUNGLE INTHEJUNGLE 7
NO NAY NEVER 6
CHARM SPIRIT 5
KUROSHIO 5GREGORIAN 3
MORPHEUS 3
GARSWOOD 2
SLADE POWER 2

Four winners for first season sires yesterday: