Flat Season 2020

She's clearly a good few pounds better than Japan. He had a better track position on Sunday and was well beaten by her in the Arc.

Speaking of that race, Port Guillaume was very eye catching in the JC.

It's encouraging that this is the prevailing wisdom.

Three winners today including a very nice filly in Etneya at the Curragh. Backed her on the strength of her pedigree and the fact she had an Irish Oaks entry. She won well and might be worth following.

Nazeef was tough as nails too in the Falmouth.

Breathtaking Look is a mare I am very keen on seeing again. She improved 20lbs + on her original rating by the end of 2019. The highlight was beating good opposition in the Group 3 Sceptre Stakes at Doncaster when making all which is her customary way of running.

I am happy to put a line through her following all weather defeat. I feel she will prove her Doncaster win was no fluke.

The Abernant form looking bombproof with Oxted winning on Saturday.

It's good to see Breathtaking Look entered in a group three at York on Sunday over 6F. The race will be on ITV4.

Prices please...

Last edited:
8/1 at 365.

I've put her in an ew double with Moonlight Spirit who should be fav for the Silver Cup at York. That horse was having his first run of the season in the Gold Cup - something very few horses in the history of the game have likely been asked to do. His form last year is the pick of the field.

Good luck with that one PB, in the same race I've backed Leo De Fury ew @ 14/1 - probably one not to worry yours. :)

Three winners today including a very nice filly in Etneya at the Curragh. Backed her on the strength of her pedigree and the fact she had an Irish Oaks entry. She won well and might be worth following.
Filly runs this afternoon in the Desmond Stakes. Weld not one to tilt at windmills but it’s an interesting contest. Two consistent older horses in Ancient Spirit and Bowerman taking on the filly with Fiscal Rules (also in my tracker) coming back down in trip after finishing 5th in the Irish Derby (and an excellent 5th in the Irish Guineas) as well as Royal Dornoch who looked good last year when winning the Royal Lodge beating none other than Kameko.

Gold Trip goes for French Derby glory tomorrow [2.10]

Big ask and have only played small each way in the without Fav market at 25-1 [Bet 365]

After being well beaten in the Derby,was good to see the horse bounce back and run so well today in a G1 finishing 3rd @ 40-1

Last edited:
Pinatubo retired to stud - completely sensible decision, imo, as the classy and consistent colt was going nowhere, this season.

End of the flat season and while I’ve always been a bigger fan of winter racing, today’s races made me desperate for Cheltenham on Friday.

Hollie Doyle a notable exception. She is a truly excellent jockey

Back