For Those Thinking Of The Summer

Ground is yielding to soft now after 7ml of rain overnight - bright,dry and sunny all day today and not much more rain forecast so expect it to stay pretty similar.

If Devoted To You is ready to do herself justice she'll be very hard to beat on that sort of ground. Makings of a pretty smart performer with ease in the ground. Would take a chance on High Award in the first as well.

Joseph O'Brien riding Lady Lupus for his mam, without being able to use his claim, is enough to put me off her. Latin Love looks the best of the older horses although I'm sure Danehill's Pearl hasn't gone over just for the day out.

Chinchon took the first group race of the turf season - the Prix Exbury at Saint Cloud yesterday.

Starlish for the Crastus/Lellouche team finished second with Arc seventh La Boum back in third. Ashalanda for the Aga Khan could finish only seventh of the nine runners in her comeback run, though it was widely reported that she'd improve for the run and is likely to run in Singapore next month.

Ferdinand Magellan - wasn't he touted up as a Derby prospect at some stage last year - 20/1 for the mile maiden now after finishing lame on his only start last year at Tipperary.

Looks set fair for a good opening day. Interesting runners in the opening 2yo Maiden. Don't think Ballydoyle have had a runner in this for a few years and interesting runner from Tommy Stack's yard (Holy Roman Emperor out of Irish Guineas winner Tarascon).

Yeah that was the one I was looking at as well - would imagine Coolmore would like to win this with a Holy Roman Emperor colt and he is a Magnier colt.

Yeah - they'd want to be seeing some precocious 2yos particularly given he didn't race at 3.

First thought on the Lincoln was for Good Time Sue who has a good record at the track and under todays jockey Gary Carroll. Only negative for me would be the draw - drawn low in this but there's been some money for her this morning so looks positive.

Hoping that Palazzone runs well for Hezz too - looks a very big price for a horse of his ability.

Good news that it hasn't rained Gal. I'll make my way down with some semblance of hope. Fingers crosses :)

I'll plump for Reiteration in the last as well - has looked pretty promising on his debut last year and is sure to be very straight for this. Encompassing is pretty short for a horse that was beaten twice at odds on last year and was also entered in the horse in training sales at one stage as well so presumably he is no star. Will have a place on Ferdinand Magellan as well.

Was that the race STS made his debut in the year before?

Sure he was discussed on here at the time Gal - in relation to being one of the yards better 2yos last year.

Yes it was - generally a good maiden but might not have been that strong this year. All the same he ran with plenty of promise on that occasion only to disappoint (when a few of Bolgers were) in hot company next time out. 100/30 is very fair imo.

Yeah it is - unlike Bolger to go straight from being beaten in a Maiden to a Group race like that too. Must have been showing something at home to warrant that sort of hike in class.

Really good word for Bolgers Majestic Dancer in the 2.45.

Will be following Palazzone with interest, best of luck to Hezz and co, il also be having a financial interest in Maximo in the same race. Will come on for his last run and will go close at a big price.

Back