For Those Thinking Of The Summer

which irish trainers got sent the 2 year olds from godolphin?

No Irish trainer received horses from Godolphin. However, Sheikh Mohammed has sent 12 2 year olds to 6 trainers (2 each). Those trainers are; John Oxx, Jim Bolger, Dermot Weld, Michael Halford, Ger Lyons and David Marnane.

Awe Inspiring looked the type of filly to progress considerably through the spring; kept on really nicely under a considerate ride. Unity ran a nice race despite meeting trouble in running as well. Agree with Gal regarding the other two O'Brien fillies.

Wouldn't disagree with Gal regarding Noll Wallop either, though the bare form of today's race looks decidedly moderate in a Classic context. Interesting to hear Fozzy Stack say afterwards that his ultimate target will be the Irish Derby; is he sure to get a mile and a half?

Potential improvers from them today that caught my eye were Fighting Brave (lovely racey colt) who could develop into a French Guineas type horse.

SM was set a fair task.

I thought that Fighting Brave was a really lovely looking colt when I saw him at Dundalk last autumn, but I think though that Viscount Nelson will prove the best of the three Ballydoyle horses from yesterday's trial. He was unsuited by the ground, and took a while to quicken but stayed on well. He looked like he should be suited by further.

September Morn finished well from a long way back, but didn't the same thing happened on his debut as a 2yo.

I thought that Fighting Brave was a really lovely looking colt when I saw him at Dundalk last autumn, but I think though that Viscount Nelson will prove the best of the three Ballydoyle horses from yesterday's trial. He was unsuited by the ground, and took a while to quicken but stayed on well. He looked like he should be suited by further.

September Morn finished well from a long way back, but didn't the same thing happened on his debut as a 2yo.

Fighting Brave wouldn't have liked the ground either. I think he would have got 2nd but for finding no room (behind Black Quartz) when he was starting his run. Looked like he might enjoy an extra furlong or more too.

He has a Smart Strike, a First Samurai, an AP Warrior and two Mr Greeleys, all colts, so more diversity than recent years. But no Oratorios, at least no colts. And only one Sadler's Wells colt.

They have one Oratorio filly and a few Sadler's Wells fillies one of which is a half sister to Giant's Causeway.

Gal, have you heard anything about Joshua Tree? I was surprised that he didn't work at the Curragh and I see he hasn't got a Dante entry, though he has some French entries. Has he been injured, or is he very far down their pecking order?

Gal, have you heard anything about Joshua Tree? I was surprised that he didn't work at the Curragh and I see he hasn't got a Dante entry, though he has some French entries. Has he been injured, or is he very far down their pecking order?

Can only assume he has had a set back - as he was still there and in training up to recently anyway. I would think he is down the pecking order anyway.

Back