For Those Thinking Of The Summer

I'm interested in YOU'LL BE MINE in the 1000 Guineas Trial, think this will be to sharp for her but looks interesting over more of a test.

I have an open mind about her - lots of ability but I think she has her quirks too. No surprise to see Murtagh pick Famous over her for tomorrow anyway - her form is pretty smart from last season.

Loving the maidens tomorrow - a right mix in there.

Ground is soft to heavy.

The Ballydoyle Declared runners at Leopardstown on Sunday 28th March
"We have four fillies in the first race the Irish Stallion Farms EBF fillies M'dn, its a pity that we have to run them all against each other but unfortunately there isn't another 1 1/4 maiden for 3 year old fillies for about 3 weeks so we have no option.
Awe Inspiring is in good form, she is just ready to run and we hope she runs a nice race.
Black Eyed Susan had a few runs last year, she is also just ready to start back and we hope that she runs well.
Dance On By is in good form, she has been a bit slow to learn and is just ready to run.
Tootsie Wootsie is also in good form, she didn't run last year and we just hope that she runs a nice race.
We also run four in the Leopardstown 1,000 guineas Trial Stakes.
Famous is very well, she showed that she can handle soft ground when she ran very well in the Moyglare last year, she is also just ready to start back.
You'll Be Mine is in good form but we are very worried about the ground with her. She is just ready to start but if Leopardstown get any more rain she might be withdrawn.
Queen Of Troy is in good form also, she won't be mad about the ground either, but we would like to get a run into her.
Ice Empress is very well, she ran well in a maiden last year, this is a big step up for her but the experience will do her good.
Our next runners are in the fourth race, the Leopardstown 2,000 guineas trial.
Black Quartz is in good form, he showed that he could handle soft ground last year. We are happy with him and hope that he runs a nice race.
We are very happy with Fighting Brave, but very concerned about the ground with him as he is a very good moving horse, if the ground deteriorates he might not run.
We are also very worried about the ground for Viscount Nelson, he is very well and working very nicely, but is unlikely to run if the ground gets any softer.
We might run five in the next race, the Foxrock colts and geldings 3 year old maiden, again we have to run so many as there is not another 3 year old colts maiden over this trip for about six weeks.
Bold Quest is in good form, he had one run last year and is just ready to start, but we hoping he runs a nice race.
Bridge Mountain is a Powerscourt colt who didn't get to run last year,he is ready to start but we expect him to be a bit green and babyish.
Sail Boat is a lovely big colt by Sadler's Wells out of L'Ancresse, he is also just ready to start and will be a bit green but we hope that he will run well.
Scottish Reel is another Sadler's Wells colt out of Necklace, he didn't get to run last year, we are hoping that he runs well, but will need the run for experience.
September Morn had a couple of runs last year, he is just ready to start and we hope that the ground dosen't get too soft for him.
Our last runners of the day are in the 6th race, the Paddocks H'cap.
Great Wisdom is in good form and we hope that he runs well.
Grand Admiral is also in good form, but we hope the ground won't get too soft for him"
Aidan O Brien.

He has 9 in total which is alot because he only has 14 Montjeus and 1 Footstepsinthesand this year he also has a Peintre Celebre which is a bit of a change

Few other sires in there that would not have been expected in this years crop. Will try and get em up over the next week or so.

He has a Smart Strike, a First Samurai, an AP Warrior and two Mr Greeleys, all colts, so more diversity than recent years. But no Oratorios, at least no colts. And only one Sadler's Wells colt.

Plus another Pivotal, Hennessy, Johanessburgs, Encosta De Lagos, Kingmambo (including a filly out of Imagine and a full sister to Virginia Waters) amongst others.

They must have a right few sharper types this year since they have made only 56 entries for the 2011 Derby compared to 70 initally entered for 2010 and 64 for 2009.

hello guys do you know why aidan has only 14 montjeus ?

Hi Mister - welcome to the forum. I have not got confirmation yet of that figure - but hasn't Montjeu proved to be a little troublesome at stud. Never got the full reason but he certainly has not covered books as big as Galileo, Danehill Dancer etc.

He has 15 Montjeu colts (versus 25 Galileo colts), not sure about the fillies, but I think he has several Galileo fillies this year.

Potentially informative card at Leopardstown today without making much punting appeal. A number of interesting prospects in the maidens ~ Wachman's filly Unity caught my eye on both of her runs last year and appealed physically as the type with the scope to do well over the winter. Will be interesting to see how she goes today.

Famous Warrior looks a shade big at 10's in the 2000 Guineas Trial. I wouldn't be surprised to see a fair deal of pace on in this and I could see him travelling into the race nicely. Should be fairly forward as well given his trainer. Same applies to Bolger horse but he is not a 6/4-5/4 shot on form in my book.

20/1 double on the AOB first choice pair in the two trials. Overly-simplistic I know, but I actually fancy both of them and it helps keep stakes at a level appropriate for this time of the year.

Looked good there CL - expect O'Brien has left his a gallop or two short judged on how they ran in both trials though. High Chapparal's been doing well in Australia too with the likes of So You Think.

That Noll Wallop could be a decent horse.

Yes indeed, was at the races today and backed him as he is a horse I liked alot from last year (as my earlier comments suggested) and he really did have everything in his favour today. In saying that I would not put todays win down simply to fitness advantage like say last years winner - he is a classy sort and can only improve when stepped up in trip. Looked a sweet colt as well in the parade ring and plenty more to come.

All the Ballydoyle runners from the maidens to the Classic trials looked in need of the outing and it was noticeable that the blankets were kept on them to the very last minute in the parade ring. Potential improvers from them today that caught my eye were Fighting Brave (lovely racey colt) who could develop into a French Guineas type horse. September Morn, Dance On By and the very green Tootsie Wootsie. Those two fillies were far from knocked about trying to come off a very slow pace while SM was set a fair task.

Hazarafa and Baglioni were really impressive - will presumably see the Oxx filly in some Oaks trial next while Baglioni did it pretty well and I think he will prove himself better than just a handicapper in time.

Back