Forum horse connections

Had been looking forward to running Megablue at Ampton in a couple of weeks but unfortunately she's done a tendon and will miss the season.

Martin

That's a shame, Martin. Hope you can get her back for next season.

Thanks all for the good wishes. She's highly thought of at home but this is a real test with every runner a winner last time out.

Cheers guys. To quote Derek Trotter, we've had worse days. I'm happy with my 14/1 vouchers but stable-mate Limini is supposed to be pretty good and SHR have 2 other likely candidates in Listen Dear and Daring Carlotta.

Cadmium (Fr) has run in a schooling hurdle and is a natural according to David Casey. As with all his 3yos, Willie will take a decision shortly on whether to run him and aim for the spring festivals or put him away for next season.

Away with the Greys I was asked to buy twice but never have, but I have bet it many times, including at 50/1 . We had a goodbet today thank God as it looks if we are through the plague. I thought Minella ran well and will win soon over 2.5 plus.

Our syndicate have bought into Mark Walford's racing club for 2016. Unless the horses are exceptionally successful, it is unlikely that we will break even on the deal but it will guarantee as much as possible that we will have horses running for us throughout 2016. We have therefore taken up the option using some of the money won by Oliver's Gold but leaving us with enough to ensure we can meet our commitments with Oliver's Gold and Western Breeze, even if they do not perform as well as last year.

The horses we will be involved with are listed below, together with Mark Walford's comments about each of them.

The horses:
Cape Hideaway
2012 Gelding by Mount Nelson
Out of Amiata
A very promising individual who won one of his four races in 2014 on the flat. Last season he had an injury which meant he only raced a couple of times but he is now back to full health and he remains an exciting prospect for 2016. There is a chance he might run over hurdles as well as on the flat, he has already jumped hurdles at home and seems a natural.

Cornborough
2011 Gelding by Sir Percy
Out of Emirates First
After winning on his racecourse debut on the flat he has been very consistent getting placed numerous times. This season he has started his career running over hurdles, winning on debut very impressively, I'm sure he will be a really good fun dual purpose horse for next season.

Unnamed
2013 Filly by Sir Percy
Out of Bruma
This filly is unraced but has shown a really good attitude in her work so far, she is from a family that has had plenty of winners and we are hopeful she will be ready to race at the start of the 2016 flat season in April. She will be named by the club members.

Unnamed
2014 Filly by Piccolo
Out of Princess Almora
We bought this filly from Doncaster sales in November 2015, she is a lovely athletic mover and has a decent pedigree, her mother Princess Almora won over £30,000 in prize money and has already bred two winners, hopefully this filly will be her third! She will also be named by club members.

Back