Forum horse connections

While I was in Australia, Takafol was sold for £6k to race in Kuwait. That leaves me with small shares in 4 with Supreme Horse Racing:
Myska (likely to make her first start over hurdles on Thursday at Thurles), Cadmium (Fr), Poly Rock and Airlie Beach, who is over a slight setback following her August win.

Cheers jarv. She didn't beat much yesterday but apparently had loads in hand and should come on for the run.

Best of luck with yours, Roddy.

While I was in Australia, Takafol was sold for £6k to race in Kuwait. That leaves me with small shares in 4 with Supreme Horse Racing:
Myska (likely to make her first start over hurdles on Thursday at Thurles), Cadmium (Fr), Poly Rock and Airlie Beach, who is over a slight setback following her August win.

I hope you have plenty of fun with that quartet.

Best of luck this weekend, Roddy. Buachaill Alainn ran really well the last day, I hope he does again today.

Myska gets an entry for the Grade 1 Future Champions Novice Hurdle at Leopardstown on 27/12. Quite exciting.

After a little thought I decided to re-invest the Takafol money and have acquired small shares in a couple more with SHR.

Madurai is a 4yo who has placed in listed races in Germany and finished 7th in last year's German Derby.

Bunk Off Early (3yo) is a fine stamp of a grey who was recommended to Willie Mullins by Andrew Oliver. Although he is sprint bred they think he'll stay 2 miles over hurdles.

Very very best of luck with them all Archie, new and current!
It's not so long ago that the rule of thumb was that sprinters made the best 2 mile hurdlers - I'm not so sure it's very far wrong even now ( hence my desire to see Novabridge try over hurdles, not that it will probably happen !)

Thanks Trudi. He's by Zebedee so not yet any proof about the produce's aptitude for hurdles but he's a decent stamp of a horse so fingers crossed. The last one that Oliver recommended to WPM was Long Dog.

Well done with Myska Archie and good luck with the rest of them.

It looks increasingly likely that the ground at Newbury will be too soft for Olly this Saturday, so it will probably be the Doncaster race. The going is said to be good there at the moment with good to soft patches. I see the forecast for Saturday itself is not very good so if there is a real downpour we might have to withdraw at short notice. Olly is also entered for a flat race at Wolverhampton on Monday.

I understand the next race for Western Breeze is likely to be on 2nd.December at Catterick but I will know for sure in a day or two.

Well done today Archie!

UK P2P season starting again on Sunday and a new horse for our syndicate. De Waiting Game has been retired as he has suffered an injury, will take some time to recover but should be fine in a few months time. Did You Ever is going to be ridden by our trainers Assistant this year who absolutely adores him so he should give her some fun days out in the South East come February.

We've got Megablue, a 7yo mare by Blueprint for this season. She had a couple of outings for Aidan Fitzgerald in Ireland in 2014 and is quite a big mare. Libby's had her since March/April having bought her through a friend of mine who's a bloodstock agent and had planned on running her in mares novice hurdles in the Summer but Meg had a couple of issues so that didn't work out but we're hoping for a nice start on Sunday, saw her a couple of weeks ago and she certainly looks a lot quicker than the other two maiden's we started with so all looks very promising.

Martin

Un Guet Apens wont be seen again this season. Decision has been made to put him on box rest to give him more time to heal internally. He is fine in himself but when he was going out on walks etc he's trying to kick off into full gallops and being a bit of a monkey. So its box rest until Feb, on the walker from Feb till April then out in the field till July. Hopefully after all that we can get him back to full racing fitness.

Oliver's Gold will run in the 1.55 at Doncaster. It is over 2 miles 3 which he has never tried before but the trainer is convinced he will stay. Trainer reports that the horse is in tip top condition and, although it is very competitive with 12 runners, he thinks we have a good chance of winning again. The only cloud on the horizon (literally) is if there was to be heavy rain before the race but other than that we are very hopeful he can go into his break with a win.

Also trainer says that another of his horses, Simla Dawn should win the 12.00 at Newcastle, so a little e/way double might be advisable.

Finally, Western Breeze is entered at Catterick on Wednesday and should have a good chance.

Megablue wasn't at her best yesterday and was pulled up after a circuit having hit fences - we think she needs a more experienced pilot so will look into that for Larkhill in two weeks time.

Didn't really find out much about her yesterday other than that Cottenham probably isn't her track and have a few races in mind for her later in the season so we'll see.

Martin

Hopefully Buachaill Allainn runs in the Becher Saturday at Aintree and must have a decent chance if he can handle those Aintree fences. At the same time Minella Daddy should run in the bumper at Chepstow . Cant be in two places so guess it will be Aintree for me

Back