Forum horse connections

Congrats to Roddy for Beggar's Wishes at Haydock yesterday.

A first runner of the season today with Bunk Off Early at Killarney. Should go close with a clear round but in a beginners chase (or any race for that matter) I'm always satisfied to get them home safe and sound.

Last season's return was 12 winners from 28 runners with 7 of the 9 different horses managing to get their head in front.

Good luck today Archie. As you say, in these beginners chases its fingers crossed for a safe round of jumping, and anything else is a bonus.

And well done Roddy. I'd completely missed the fact that Beggars Wishes was running. The horses seem to be in pretty decent form, which is always a good sign with Pete's quest for summer winners.

Beggars Wishes Win was fantastic, very impressive and reminded me of his close relative. I think we have a great future ahead with this horse. Sorry I forgot to flag it up guys . Getting slow I`m afraid

Best of luck.

Bunk Off is fine this morning after his fall. Jockey said he'd come off the bridle around the tight bend but was back on and he had plenty left.

Roddy, can I ask does Minella Daddy have a problem? He seemed to bow out early in the Whitbread and, for me, was nowhere near his best last time out.

It looked to me like he didn't like being crowded in the Whitbread but it was a smaller field last time. I know he's a right good 'un on his day.

Last edited:
Beggars Wishes Win was fantastic, very impressive and reminded me of his close relative. I think we have a great future ahead with this horse. Sorry I forgot to flag it up guys . Getting slow I`m afraid

Well done Roddy. Where do you think you'll aim next season? The way he won I imagine the handicapper will want to start his rating with a 1 and a 4 which pits him in the realms of the bigger handicaps.

Good luck with Francky du Berlais.

Chef - good luck tomorrow.

Archie - good to hear Bunk off early is none the worse.

Roddy- interesting entry at the weekend! I recognise the mare and the sire continues to produce winners. Best of luck with her.

Roddy, can I ask does Minella Daddy have a problem? He seemed to bow out early in the Whitbread and, for me, was nowhere near his best last time out.

It looked to me like he didn't like being crowded in the Whitbread but it was a smaller field last time. I know he's a right good 'un on his day.

No, nothing unseen, I expect him to win one of the big Summer races first

Miss Conway 6.30 and Mr Snoozy 8.00 both running tonight at Hexham for our syndicates - we are hopeful they will both run well.

Back