Forum horse connections

Defy De Mee takes his chance again in the 5.20 at Ballinrobe tomorrow. Looks a weak enough heat so hoping he goes very close

Good luck!!!

Raisin has been given 25 as his ballot number so I’ll be fairly surprised if he didn’t get in on Sunday - if anyone is at wincanton, do come and take my mind off things, you won’t miss me A crazy hair and trying to control a child while not throwing up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck to Roddy this weekend at Ayr, not sure what he's upto lately, he's not been on here since October. Anyone in touch?

I've tried him but not had a response which is unusual.

I'll try him again and if I can't get him I'll try and get hold of Paul F.

Bay of Freedom has been retired and I now have another horse to bore you all with. Please let me take this opportunity to thank so many people for your incredible support over the last few years; I cannot tell you how much I have appreciated it and will always remember it. Thank you all. http://www.cheltenhamdream.com/blog-diary/2019/4/11/au-revoir-bay-of-freedom-welcome-lautre-cheval
All good to hear especially the re-homing. Best of luck with L'Autre Cheval.

Bunk Off Early has been retired following another setback and the main concern is that he finds a good home. Hopefully in hand as we speak.

To replace him and Poly Rock, I am with Perpetual in Defy De Mee and have taken a share in Captain Kangaroo, a Mastercraftsman half-brother to Dancing Vega, the favourite for tomorrow's Fred Darling.

Appparently Peter Bowen spoke to Roddy last week and he was fine.
I've just spoken to Roddy. Change of mobile number was the problem. He's well, but he's been busy with other stuff. He sends his best to everyone.

All the horses are in good form and he's ready for a good spring and summer with them. He's particularly excited about Equus Flight. They think he's smart and will win some nice races.

Thankyou [emoji27][emoji27][emoji32][emoji2960][emoji1785][emoji2961]. It’s drying out at a rate of knotts even with watering from what I can work out - hopefully it won’t go too dry, nothing about his action suggests he will enjoy anything drier than good and I’ve waited too long ( 7 years!!) to bugger him up for the sake of it.

Patience. Cheapest thing in horse racing but the most difficult thing to keep.

All good to hear especially the re-homing. Best of luck with L'Autre Cheval.

Bunk Off Early has been retired following another setback and the main concern is that he finds a good home. Hopefully in hand as we speak.

To replace him and Poly Rock, I am with Perpetual in Defy De Mee and have taken a share in Captain Kangaroo, a Mastercraftsman half-brother to Dancing Vega, the favourite for tomorrow's Fred Darling.

You are on a roll, Archie. Exciting times for you and well deserved. Good luck today.

Best of luck Troods.

ps..how have you waited for 7 years to bugger up a 4YO?

Seven years ago in July I bought grape. Sent her to Batsford Stud’s Kutub the first stud season I had her, but she didn’t take, so the next year she went to Vauterhill and Arvico. 11 months on from that Raisin arrived :)

So pretty much seven years in the making....

Last edited:
Back