Forum Horse Connections

Jeff's running tomorrow in the 1.30 at Warwick. He has a very good chance but the market hasn't missed him. I've no doubt he's the best horse in the race for the future, but he could be vulnerable to something with a turn of foot over a trip that's still less than his optimum. Realistically the dangers are the Nicky Henderson horse, who we know is likely to come on a lot from her bumper and is bred to be sharper than Jeff, and the Olly Murphy horse that was 90 rated in Points.

Ideally we'd be stepping him up to 3 miles, but there are so few opportunities to do so, and we're taking our chance after the forecast rain that came today. Wait any longer and there's a risk of him going over the top, and it also decreases the chance of getting slower ground.

He should be favourite, and I'd be hopeful he wins, but I don't think he should be an odds on shot.

Well done... very nice horse a tad green still and definitely had more in hand than it may have looked IMVHO... a work in progress...g/l for the future

Yes well done to Jeffery's Cross and it must be lovely to own a horse who clearly has ability, Paul.

Thanks for keeping us all posted!

Last edited:
Thankyou everyone. It was a nice run, and we were all really pleased.

As a couple of you commented Bridget said he was pretty green with daylight in front, hanging right round the final bend and then hanging left in the straight. The experience won't be lost on him though, and being prominent will be tactics we'll come back to at the right time and when it suits us.

He also missed a hurdle in the back straight and both of the last two, but despite that Bridget though she could have won as far as she'd liked and she just had to keep him up to his work as the Hemmings horse appeared. He's always trying to find a stride, and thinks about hurdles as fences because of his point background. He's a very good jumper of a fence though which will stand him in good stead in the future.

His future lies over three miles, fences, and slower ground than yesterday, so to do that so easily, and with plenty of improvement to come is a real bonus. Dan likes him a lot, and after keeping him relatively unexposed his sights will be set pretty high in the second half of next season.

He was hardly blowing after the race yesterday, and he's as fresh as anything this morning. So assuming he's still bouncing over the next few days, we may squeeze an extra race in for extra experience.

Thankyou everyone. It was a nice run, and we were all really pleased.

As a couple of you commented Bridget said he was pretty green with daylight in front, hanging right round the final bend and then hanging left in the straight. The experience won't be lost on him though, and being prominent will be tactics we'll come back to at the right time and when it suits us.

He also missed a hurdle in the back straight and both of the last two, but despite that Bridget though she could have won as far as she'd liked and she just had to keep him up to his work as the Hemmings horse appeared. He's always trying to find a stride, and thinks about hurdles as fences because of his point background. He's a very good jumper of a fence though which will stand him in good stead in the future.

His future lies over three miles, fences, and slower ground than yesterday, so to do that so easily, and with plenty of improvement to come is a real bonus. Dan likes him a lot, and after keeping him relatively unexposed his sights will be set pretty high in the second half of next season.

He was hardly blowing after the race yesterday, and he's as fresh as anything this morning. So assuming he's still bouncing over the next few days, we may squeeze an extra race in for extra experience.

Brilliant stuff, home safe most of all. :)

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]Suprise Package is moving into Grade 1 territory on Friday - it's all pretty amazing but, according to Timeform and the Racing Post, he deserves to take his chance. It's all too much for me and it's probably as well that I had a very severe case of Covid after Cheltenham and am unable to travel and deal with the stress (I don't mean that, of course) . Some thoughts: [/FONT]http://www.cheltenhamdream.com/blog-...nd-non-runners and one more: 12/1 is a great e/w price!

Back