Forum Horse Connections

8b92d5c7dab034282ab6e2c910b04094.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lordy, as if that’s not a nasty enough fall, I had to zoom in to make sure that wasn’t her shoe facing the camera!!!

So glad she’s come home okish - Hopefully she heals quickly and that hasn’t dented her confidence too badly.

( and to think some people complain about removing jumps for low sun etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was awful. What upset me was when the commentator said Paul Townsend was up ok but had ran across to the mare: that set alarm bells off. I’m so relieved to hear that she will be ok.

I hope Freedom to Dream and Surprise Package go very well for you, Paul. Likewise Kemboy and Captain Kangaroo for archie.

Our syndicate's newest prodigy, Tasiteasai, runs in Sunday's Grade 2 mares bumper. She won a bumper at Tramore in August while running very green, but there are 14 other winners in the race, some potential monsters included. It wouldn't surprise me if the likes of Pink In The Park are better than the geldings running in the Saturday bumper.

Thank you all! Due to Wetherby not giving out breeders' badges, I couldn't go - absolutely gutted - so was watching it in the stand at Sandown, much to the amusement of fellow race watchers with my screaming and telling Conor to wait, and don't let Paint The Dream get away, but wait..... bless him SM ( Basil/Rowley to me ) really is a star. Usually running on ground he hates, first time he has not had top weight for ages...next stop, all hooves crossed, is Cheltenham. Whatever happens, for a horse that nearly died at 3 weeks old and I was told to take him home as there was nothing more they could do for him and they thought he wouldn't make it, he's been an absolute mega star.
Mollster and Rowley 25.5.13.jpg

It's been a few years, but I took the plunge last year and bought a nice son of Flemensfirth who is a full brother to Knockgraffon.

He's with Dan Skelton and makes his debut in a nice novice hurdle at Ascot on Saturday.

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/2/ascot/2022-02-19/803163/

We like him a lot and think he's good, but he's running against some decent race fit rivals, and it'll be a bit of an education for him. Running on into fourth or something will do. He'll be much better for the race, and I'd be expecting a very decent run second up.

He's been bought as a future chaser, so he'll probably have three runs, hopefully picking up a win or two, and then be put away for decent novice chases next season.

Will be out the front on the steps to left of horsewalk as the horses go out. :)
Really want to be there for Warren and team as Missed Vacation running and she was David Thompson's favourite. Would be great for them if she could win after a very difficult week. Caoilin a very good young pilot.

Jeff runs in the 3.20 at Southwell tomorrow and we think he’ll run a decent race. Obviously the favourite will be hard to beat, and there’s a couple of unexposed types in there, but he’s going nicely at home, and he’s come on lots for his run at Ascot.

8/1 is way too big, I expected him to open sub-5/1, and whilst there are never any guarantees I wouldn’t put anyone off an each way bet.

Best of luck, Maruco. I think your horse has a nice profile for this race and the favourite is underwhelming at that price.

Jeff runs in the 3.20 at Southwell tomorrow and we think he’ll run a decent race. Obviously the favourite will be hard to beat, and there’s a couple of unexposed types in there, but he’s going nicely at home, and he’s come on lots for his run at Ascot.

8/1 is way too big, I expected him to open sub-5/1, and whilst there are never any guarantees I wouldn’t put anyone off an each way bet.

Good luck Paul, thought he ran well for a long way last time out.

Thanks everyone. There's a suspicion that Kyntara might be a bit soft, and we'll be riding Jeff to find out. There are a couple of 'could be anything' types in there too though.

What we do know though is he's come on loads since Ascot, where he needed the race and the experience, and was ridden accordingly. We like him, but his future lies over fences, so if we can pinch a win over hurdles I'll be very happy.

Back