Forum Horse Connections

My wife and I only have a minuscule share through the Racehorse Club in One True King but lovely to see “our” horse run into a place today when I had fully expected he’d be tailed off by halfway. The Racehorse Club did us proud arranging passes for the Owners & Trainers bar even though we weren’t successful in the ballot for parade ring access

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife and I only have a minuscule share through the Racehorse Club in One True King but lovely to see “our” horse run into a place today when I had fully expected he’d be tailed off by halfway. The Racehorse Club did us proud arranging passes for the Owners & Trainers bar even though we weren’t successful in the ballot for parade ring access

I was lucky enough to be in that bar the day Dads Lad won (a certain Editeur De Gite, by the way, finished third that day). The view from the balcony is spectacular.

Great blog that shows the vicissitudes of racehorse ownership and the joys of explaining decisions that may well have been out of your control.
Looking forward to shouting both you and fellow Duhallow Citizen Michael home Saturday.
( "Citizen " is the surname on most homebred O'Sullivan horses e.g. Lovely Citizen )

Good luck, Paul with Freedom, and good luck too to Archie with the excellent Kemboy

Thanks for the messages guys. He is obviously not himself and we will be giving him a full MOT. No point in planning anything until we have him right. He looked very lethargic (even in the parade ring) and it seems there's something paining him which in his head before he races. He wasn't blowing afterwards so he's clearly feeling (or expecting to feel) discomfort. We'll figure it out. I was actually more disappointed for Peter; The Big Dog was running a massive race until he fell and it was just one of those days.

I thought there might be a niggle of some sort too, Paul. To my admittedly amateur and uneducated eye, he never looked as though he fully stretched out or let down. If only they could talk. Did you hear if The Big Dog was all okay after his spill?

(ps..Great to see you and say hello. I also think it's time you told us other forumites the secret to looking younger with each passing year.)

Last edited:
An exciting week ahead, a huge thrill to have Shewearsitwell in the Mares Hurdle and Ashroe Diamond in the Mares Novice Hurdle.

Back