Frankel V Canford Cliffs

Oh, so Guv and Euro think Hannon's vet's a liar, do they? You're both making some very wide, unfounded assumptions with no basis in fact. You can call Hannon's chat nonsense all you like - if a vet has found CC damaged a pastern, what would you call that? All stallion owners have a view to their stud career, which is why the horse isn't cut. Hardly worth even mentioning as a point. And considering what Coolmore has let loose to breed, hobbling off the stage, I don't think CC has much to worry about on that score. He might well have put his foot in the same hole which it's alleged did for poor CAPTAIN JOHN NIXON.

I've not cast doubt on his injury. But take Frankel out of that race and it wouldn't have happened imo. He'd have stolled to a nice, comfortable victory.

All right, fair enough. But all he had to do was hit a lump in the ground, or a poorly-filled divot left by the previous races, and he could've damaged his pastern, whether he was flat out or strolling, and you'd still have the same result. Personally, I think it's stretching the imagination to imply that by having to work at it his pastern gave way. As long as you're not impugning the vet's integrity, then any viewpoint is valid. I just think it was one of those unfortunate things - just as when KAUTO STAR went arse-over-tit with Sam Thomas - could've broken his neck, but didn't.

He was travelling fine until Frankel put the hammer down and took him out of his comfort zone. He didn't run to his best because of Frankel. Any other excuse is just that, an excuse with an eye on his stud career.

With respect , utter crap - go and watch it again and watch Hughes body language long before the home turn -he is nudging him along when they are going no real gallop at all.

Frankel is an awesome beast - the gap between him and RDLP suggests that CC would have needed to go well above his beating of Goldikova to have troubled him and I suspect Frankel might have found plenty more - but to suggest that CC ran to form is twoddle .

Why do some people call one off specimens like Frankel 'freaks' and 'beasts'. Whats wrong with words like 'great', 'champion', exceptional', even 'different gravy'! It's like we seem to have to call horses like him slightly derogotory names now to make them sound better?

Reminds me of the teenagers these days, 'oyy man, that's sick, like that's proper bad innit, fecking ill man'....:)

I suppose the words connotate a horse of such ability that normal horses cannot cope with them . Queally calls Frankel a freak - what Frankel called Queally after the St James's Palace is unknown ...

Ardross - the bottom line CC was taken out of his comfort zone , and could not cope, I'm not doubting his vet, but I am certainly doubting his trainer telling us there is no way Frankel wouldn't have beaten him 5L..:):)
My main argument tho is really with the Hannons in general, - telling the racing public that "Frankel needs to learn how to race" - totally needless and unacceptable , Sir Henry is the only man entitled to make judgements like that. This was said after the 2000g, which was already his second G1, and a race CC did not win..

My main argument tho is really with the Hannons in general

The fact that they're massive pricks and the worst losers in the game? Not just in this instance but in plenty of other cases too, they never gave Goldikova any credit and they seem to think every horse in the yard rated over 110 is equal to Secretariat.

Great training team but total tossers.

The fact that they're massive pricks and the worst losers in the game? Not just in this instance but in plenty of other cases too, they never gave Goldikova any credit and they seem to think every horse in the yard rated over 110 is equal to Secretariat.

Great training team but total tossers.

Amazing if your assessment is correct that they are so successful !:rolleyes:

I said they are a good training team (very good in fact, prob top 5 yards in the country), they're just sore losers and a pair of arrogant wankers.

I said they are a good training team (very good in fact, prob top 5 yards in the country), they're just sore losers and a pair of arrogant wankers.

When RH jnr was interviewed on the Thursday of Goodwood he described Frankel as the best horse he had ever seen - doesn't sound like the usual behaviour of a sore loser .

There is £560 wanting to back Frankel at 5.7 for the Juddmonte. On the face of it, given Cecil's public statements on the subject, it's "free money". Anyone brave enough to take it?

There is £560 wanting to back Frankel at 5.7 for the Juddmonte. On the face of it, given Cecil's public statements on the subject, it's "free money". Anyone brave enough to take it?

Queally when interviewed on Friday said it was " all up in the air " so maybe they are having second thoughts about it and might yet go to York .

Back