Frankel

Confirmed on sporting life as well. Lockinge not ruled out yet either as he'll be back into full training.

Best news i've had today!!!

Great news. Sea The Stars, Goldikova and Frankel etc etc have really livened up the flat over the last few years. Nice to see Frnakel back on track.

Seriously good news. Hopefully the scan sees it right. I really hope that he won't fail to do himself justice this season. This colt is a bit special and just coming into the best of himself.

He's right. Cirrus Des Aigles will be one of the best EW bets in history when he lines up against Frankel.

I hope so but I think they'll hold him up first time over 10f. If he gets it will i'd revert to front running. His Sussex and Guineas wins last year were the best front running performances i can remember seeing on the flat.

If the other jocks have any sense they won't let him loose on the front end.

They'd be mad to run him wire to wire from the front at 10 furlongs and Cecil knows better than to do that. They don't want to kill him or get him beat (Queally nearly handed the race to Zoffany at Ascot when trying to kill them off too far out). He needs holding on to and unwiding from about two furlongs out. There isn't a horse alive that will get near him ridden this way.

Last edited:
Did you see the Sussex and Guineas Steve? They were front running rides. The Ascot ride was something altogether different - Frankels class saving his jockey's blushes I'd call it.

Did you see the Sussex and Guineas Steve? They were front running rides. The Ascot ride was something altogether different - Frankels class saving his jockey's blushes I'd call it.

The Sussex was the race that should have told you what I was already saying that he wants 10 furlongs. The Guineas was a one off that when Queally tried to repeat at Ascot nearly came unstuck. The horse certainly saved the jockey's blushes that day and Cecil was not best pleased. Those races were at a mile if you try to win like he did in the Guineas at 10 furlongs you will either kill the horse or lose. Which is why they won't be riding him that way in 10 furlong races this season.

The Sussex ride was Queally's best and proved the horse can relax in front. If he rides him like that they won't catch him. Basically the same ride that Cirrus Des Aigles got in the Ganay.

For me, the Sussex showed he'd be better at less than a mile (had it won from some way out, off steady early fractions) and it would be crazy sending him out to make all at 10f.
Didn't it take half of last season to teach him to settle, anyway?

It did but now he is settled I personally think its the best way to ride him. All this horse wants to do is gallop and lead - let loose on the front I genuinely believe we'll see some more special performances this year and hopefully one that takes him into the 140's bracket. Beating Cirrus Des Aigles by 8 lengths should do it!!!

Bullet Train is entered in the Prince of Wales and Eclipse, suggesting that they haven't ruled out the use of a pacemaker over 10f.

Rerouted was meant to be a pacemaker!!

I watched the 2011 guineas again last night... Still sets the pulse racing. I'm not sure i'll ever see the Guineas won like that again!

Yeah but Bullet Train actually was his pacemaker. I don't think Bullet Train's form is the reason he has the exact same four Group 1 entries as his three-parts brother :)

Fair point Gareth and i'm sure thats the rationale for his entry - I was just being flippant! It's almost ironic that Frankel has a pacemaker though because they're never going quick enough for him!!!

He's shown he can run either way in the QEII and the Sussex but even if they don't do it first time i'd love to see them run him from the front over 10f.

There is going from the front and going like he did in the Guineas. They are two very different things.

photobucketFrankel.jpg

Back