French Flat Season 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Bruce_Savage
  • Start date Start date
That's why you have to have some level of stability regarding field sizes regarding the French Derby.

I've read elsewhere today that the number of runners are a significant in portraying the class of a Derby but to be quite frank that's a prime example of what can go wrong when you turn a Classic into a Handicap.

The Epsom Derby was a controlled and stable line up that produced the right outcome but when you start throwing in runners all over the place horses start to lose their role in the race and it turns into a farce.

The French Derby this year was a disgrace dispite the number of runners indicating trainers preference although we can quite safely agree the best three year old this summer was run in the 9 runner field on the downs and the best three year old race will always be run there.

Penny's Picnic is running at Maisson Lafitte in about 10 minutes.

Make sure you're tuned in to see this monsterous sprinter!

How well spoken and interesting is this woman on ATR?

What a fantastic presenter, would love to see more from her!

Maybe Exact Ernest Hemingway Wrote David Livingston Was Kissed Demurely Soon After Wave Reaching Wonderful Athens. That's 14 3yos.

So You Think Homecoming Queen Kissed Thomasgainsborough After Galileo, Father Of Science? Maybe, Wrote Ernest Hemingway. David Livingstone, Triumphant After Battle Of Saratoga, Was Soon Seducing Homecoming Queen Up Windsor Palace. Unanimous; Homecoming Queen Was Wonderful.

Suspect it will be Soft looking at the weather North of Paris.

Beauty Parlour is a shocking price for this, it's a far stronger field than the one she faced at Longchamp and whilst she is near on certain to improve for the step up in trip, I cannot fathom how she's an odds on shot against the likes of Dalkala. I thought she'd be about 6/4.

Dalkala EW at 9/1 looks a cracking bet to me.

She is short I will give you that but she will win. Wouldn't bet her at that price but I'm sitting on a mountain of bet slips with 5/1 and 4/1 written on them. The Aga Khan horses have to be feared but not concerned with Sagawara. Dalkala did look impressive last time out but she beat nothing in the end. For me the fly in the ointment is the Rouget Aga. She's 2/2 and while the form is nothing, she was supplemented on Thursday and has "Big Time"Johnny up. She concerns me most.Thankfully Rouget has not really fired this season. The O'Briens will do their usual gig of making up the numbers in a French classic which doesn't leave much else really. Soumillon is riding at the top of his game in France nobody comes close right now. He'll use the pacemaker to guide him thru and I expect the long acceleration of BP to put these to the sword and then onto the Vermeille and the Arc.

She is short I will give you that but she will win. Wouldn't bet her at that price but I'm sitting on a mountain of bet slips with 5/1 and 4/1 written on them.

Where did you get those prices?

Didn't think any firms bet antepost on French classics.

I have been a fan of Beauty Parlour since her debut last year,
first time out was very impressive and will improve up in distance,
but the form is not working very well and the price is too short for a strong field like this.

Disagree. Up was 2nd and reopposes here. Topeka bombed out in her next, Fire Lily and After finished 1-2 in a Grp. 3 3yo+ at Leopardstown yesterday. Samitar won the 1000G at the Curragh. Kendam finished 4.5 lengths behind Moonlight Cloud and Regatta who finished stone cold last won a listed next time out. No other horse has run. After writing all this the form is actually very strong. BP will love the stretch out and it's hers to lose.

im mulling over kissed for the french oaks.distance and ground suited but does she have the class.doubts over beauty parlour over 1m2f.

I've backed Dalkala and Sagawara ew. The latter's price is crazy. BP miles too short.

Last edited:
Back