From The Paddock

STORYLAND Redcar 3.30

"Storyland is another to take from the race and she was probably the best looker apart from the winner. She wouldn’t have looked out of place upsides the colts and was very green in the pre paddock, she will know an awful lot more next time and is certainly a filly I would like to stay on the right side of, especially when she steps up in trip."

IGUAZU FALLS Doncaster 7.50

"Not the most inspiring bunch for a solid group 3 and my biggest worry pre race was the appearance of the Godolphin horse Iguazu Falls. He looked very dull in his coat and was very lethargic in the paddock. He looked like a horse who had run 10 times this season not two and whilst he is quite a handsome individual to look at he has definitely done enough for this season. He is a strong colt and should easily be a horse to look out for next season, it wouldn’t surprise me if he was better than this run."

KING'S WONDER Newmarket 2.10

"King’s Wonder was another attractive individual and was easily the straightest in the line up. He is a nice looking horse and carries himself very well. He could easily he a horse that could do well next season in handicaps and was one of the nicer ones to look at, even if he was a tad outclassed in what was a strong Newmarket maiden."

DREAM EATER Newmarket 3.25

"Dream Eater was probably the other looking well in his coat to some extent and he walked as if he was quite fresh in himself. A very imposing sort I have a feeling he will do better over further in the future but was one of the better lookers in the race."

FIRESIDE Newmarket 3.25

"Not the most inspiring bunch of juveniles to look at and the winner Fireside was probably the best of what was an average bunch. A big stocky colt he held himself together nicely and looked a strong type but he looks a horse that will be better next year when he has filled out into his frame. He won in gutsy style and will improve over further."

NATAGORA Newmarket 3.20

"A cracking bunch of fillies and there were several nice types in this pack.
Natagora was easily the most attractive filly in the line up and the big grey filly walked with plenty of purpose and was a very relaxed horse in the paddock. She was glistening in her coat and has a bit of growing still left to do. She is nice filly and whilst longer trips are a worry next year she looked in a different league to these."

ROCK OF ROCHELLE Curragh 2.40

"Rock Of Rochelle is another nice colt and he is very big and backward, the fact he has won twice already hints he is useful but he was very weak behind and was starting to go in his coat. He looks a horse with a frame to fill over the winter and it would be no surprise to see him develop into a decent sort over the winter."

AUSTINTATIOUS Kempton 3.30

"Austintatious was another neat looking sort and he walked with purpose. Still looking a little weak behind he has more to come and looked a horse that will do better over middle distances in time."

SAVARAIN Goodwood 4.45

"Savarain was another who has a big frame to fill and will be a horse that will probably need at least 10f next season. He was a large strong horse who was carrying a lot of condition, he will improve a lot for this run and looks a nice stamp for next season."

ARABIAN SPIRIT Great Leighs 6.10

"Another of the 5 was Arabian Spirit and he was a strong looking individual. He looked fit enough but was a big baby spooking at a lot of things and also caused a bit of concern whilst being saddled. This experience will have done him the world of good."

PROVENCE Nottingham 1.30

"Provence who shaped well in 4th was another who looked as if the run would do her good, slightly on her toes on the paddock she showed signs of inexperience. She didn’t appear to lack any fitness for the run so I doubt there will be much physical improvement to come but she was a compact sort who will certainly improve mentally for her debut."

PERFECT POLLY Hamilton 6.35

"Perfect Polly was another likeable type and gives the impression she too will come up over the winter, she has plenty of growing to do in front but looks a filly with scope to do better."

Not so much from the paddock, but wasn't quite sure where to post this.

Whispering Wind in the apprentice maiden in Downpatrick today. I heard a strong word for this horse and looking at his profile he must be a good thing. A bumper winner, placed in maiden hudles, 6th, beaten only 3 lenghts over 5f last time when the young jockey recieved 10 days suspension for tender handling last time. Anyway just thought I'd put it out there. Best of luck.

No problem with you posting it here, Colin, but it might just get missed by some people.

Don't be shy about starting a new topic.

Good luck with the investment!!!! :D

LAZY DAYS Yarmouth 3.30

"Lazy Days was a very big horse and he looked all at sea in the paddock hollering for a good 10 minutes, he finally consented to relax but was extremely wet behind the ears. He actually ran a decent race and he may end up the best horse that ran in this race."

4.10 - Wolves - Reclamation

This filly is a huge mare and whatever she done at two was always going to be a bonus, her work in recent weeks with Soft Morning (105) has been pleasing enough and whilst this 8.5f may be on the sharp side, she is better than her mark of 65 dictates. I got some 6s early doors on this and have had a lump ew on her. She will be seriously hard to beat today.

6.25 - Windsor - Excape

Working well at home and had a nightmare run last time. Blinkers, step up in trip, quicker ground and hopefully jumping out the stalls can leave that run behind him and land an each way coup at 16/1.

Lazy Days needs this Colin so place only at best, very impressed with Noseda's Royal Destination's work in recent weeks and he has done enough to collect on debut.

My points thread (7.3pts +) resumes tomorrow.

Today's is not points based just friendly advice.

Regards

Chris

Thought that might be the case , Chris.

As you reported he is big and Elsworth will presumably take his time with the horse, Elzie doesn't have a very good strike rate at Yarmouth either.

Well we managed to get Lazy Days wrong.

Backed in from 7s to 7/2 second favourite, absolutely mullered at the start, Jamie took him to the far side where he made smooth progress, won nicely.

Originally posted by chrisbeekracing@May 12 2008, 11:51 AM

6.25 - Windsor - Excape

Working well at home and had a nightmare run last time. Blinkers, step up in trip, quicker ground and hopefully jumping out the stalls can leave that run behind him and land an each way coup at 16/1.

Unbelievable! Wins at 25/1.
Extraordinary tipping.
Well done, and thank you.
:clap:

Jeez!!! Excape.
Chris you are amazing. Because I did so well folowing you thoughts at Great Leighs I lumped on early @19/1 betfair and then doubled up at 46/1 just before the off. Superb judgement and clearly a well trained eye. Many thanks indeed.

You know you're doing something right when your selection wins at a half the price again than you tipped it up at! Top stuff.

There's some stat that was flagged up last week about Elsworth's in first time blinkers.

Fairfield Flame won at 33's in first time blinkers last week as of course Excape yesterday.

TWICE OVER York 2.40

"These looked in different gear to those in the opener and there would be a good 6 or 7 to take from this with confidence. The eventual winner Twice Over was a typical Cecil horse which looked very well in the paddock and was lacking nothing in the way of fitness and wasn’t too green once he settled down. A big strong sort he has a good frame to fill into over the winter and he was very strong in his walk. He looked a smart prospect and was probably the best looking horse in the race."

TAJDEEF Newbury 2.20

"Tajdeef was an okay sort who moved nicely to post but was starting to lose a bit of condition. He should be better next season."

COSSACK PRINCE Newbury3.55

"The other horse worth mentioning was Goliath. Well actually he was called Cossack Prince but he wouldn’t have looked out of place in the Gold Cup line up. He was absolutely massive and towered above his rivals. He was a bit of a handful at first for his lad but settled after a while. A big baby like a couple of others in this he looked in need of both time and racing experience. He is definitely a long term prospect but he has the makings of a nice horse."

STORYLAND Doncaster 8.50

"Storyland is another to take from the race and she was probably the best looker apart from the winner. She wouldn’t have looked out of place upsides the colts and was very green in the pre paddock, she will know an awful lot more next time and is certainly a filly I would like to stay on the right side of, especially when she steps up in trip."

WHITCOMBE MINISTER Newbury 3.20

"Of those in behind Whitcombe Minister was a nice type and he definitely looked as if the run would do him the world of good. He was a leggy individual and has the scope to improve into a nice prospect."

SHABIBA Newbury 4.30

"To my surprise there wasn’t a whole host of strong looking fillies as one would expect in this type of maiden but there definitely a few who stood out from the crowd. Shabiba a daughter of Seeking the Gold was clearly one of the strongest lookers in the paddock and she was still carrying a bit of condition suggesting she will still improve again for the run. A big leggy sort she certainly was the pick of the bunch and it was no surprise to see her win the race itself."

FALCATIV Newmarket 1.50

"Falcativ was another big framed sort but was very weak behind, he needs time and anything he does this season will be a bonus."

Back