From The Paddock

Thanks, Heads.

FIRST AVENUE Windsor 7.40

"First Avenue was very leggy in the paddock and just looked a very weak horse to look at, he was quite narrow for my liking but clearly looked a 2yo in a 3yo’s body and will need to fill out and come up behind over the winter. He was one of the more relaxed in the paddock but anything he does this season would be a bonus."

SAVARAIN Goodwood 2.50

"Savarain was another who has a big frame to fill and will be a horse that will probably need at least 10f next season. He was a large strong horse who was carrying a lot of condition, he will improve a lot for this run and looks a nice stamp for next season."

WHISTLEDOWNWIND Goodwood 2.50

"Whistledownthewind was one of the 5 I really liked and whilst he was clearly in need of the run he has a very nice look to him. Still shining in his coat I would be surprised if he didn’t leave this run behind him next time."

JENNIE JEROME Goodwood 5.10

"Jennie Jerome was the subject to some course vibes but she was on her toes in the paddock and was hollering quite a lot until the paddock was nearly full. A big filly she looked extremely green and will certainly know more next time. She wasn’t anything special to look at but the dogs were barking early and it would be no surprise to see something more from her next time."

Yea she did, had only seen that one once on the gallops in Newmarket in April when it worked with Queen Of Naples, Infallible and some other unraced filly. Had been going out 2nd or 3rd lot since.

They thought would need it.

Jennie didn't look happy on the track and also looks a 6f filly to me, i would expect a run over 1m now then back to 6f in hcp on galloping track.

MAJEEN Haydock 3.35

"Majeen was probably the horse I would most want to back next time and he was a fine looking sort. A big powerful individual he was easily one of the lookers in the paddock but showed plenty of inexperience in the pre paddock. He showed plenty of speed in the race and weakened late on. He will be better for this run and he had the look of a nice type."

Back