Galway-Goodwood Competition

Galway Thursday 16.50
£1900 win Fosters Cross 16/1 Victor Chandler and Boylesports (Best odds Guaranteed with both, plus a £40 free bet with Boylesports as I don't have an account).

Remaining Bank - The £40 free bet with Boylesports.

:lol:

You have to name the two bookies? Ah come on that's a ridiculous rule.

I didn't make the rules but I have to settle the bets by them, also I do not have the time to check the odds are right at the time the bets were posted I will only do that to verify the winning entries are correct at the end of the competition.So as it stands anyone whose entries include a price but not at least two bookmakers this price was available with at the time of posting, will be settled at s.p.

I didn't make the rules but I have to settle the bets by them, also I do not have the time to check the odds are right at the time the bets were posted I will only do that to verify the winning entries are correct at the end of the competition.So as it stands anyone whose entries include a price but not at least two bookmakers this price was available with at the time of posting, will be settled at s.p.

All I can do is repeat myself. It's a stupid rule. Some of have work to do and are lucky to find time to post.

That rule wasn't stated beforehand - it was name a price that was available with at least 2 bookies on oddschecker when the price was named.

Bets to be settled at SP unless an early price, prevailing at the time of the bet being submitted and available from at least two bookies (not betting exchanges) listed on oddschecker, is specified;

Is specified - definition:

1. To state explicitly or in detail:
2. To include in a specification.
3. To state as a condition:

Come on, Gearoid, if you are asking for a particular price it's reasonable to tell us where you've seen it.

Look lads this is getting out hand. I'm not going to throw my toys out of the cot like Hamm but I'm just calling it as I see it; It's a stupid rule. People taking part in the competition are honest and will play fair. How for instance can you go back and make sure everyone took the correct price?

Look lads this is getting out hand. I'm not going to throw my toys out of the cot like Hamm but I'm just calling it as I see it; It's a stupid rule. People taking part in the competition are honest and will play fair. How for instance can you go back and make sure everyone took the correct price?

I have sent Grey a p.m. and await a ruling as you may have a valid point.

I've said to Chef that I think we should let Hamm have his 7/1. It is possible to check the history on oddschecker for today's markets and see what odds were available at a given time.

But I also think that it is a matter of courtesy to let us know where you've seen a price if you're asking for it, and we shall insist on it for the remainder of the competition.

Ok after a discussion with Grey, we are going to accept the odds given unless it's disputed by another member. We do insist that you do name at least two bookmakers that the price is available with as this helps if there is a dispute.
The reason for the rule change is because you can only check the history on the same day.I will attempt to adjust yesterdays as well if possible.

Thanks for the extra work guys, don't think I'll be going to bed tonight :lol:

Someone tell Hamm to get his arse back in the comp, especially as he gave me the biggest laugh I've had all day. After complaining yesterday about the the entries being in by 1pm and getting the rule changed, he posted today at 1:01pm - Classic :lol:

Oddscheckler also does not update consistently. I lodged money into Victor Chandler today to back Wise Old Owl at 14/1 only to find there had been three price changes to the horse on the website.

Oddscheckler also does not update consistently. I lodged money into Victor Chandler today to back Wise Old Owl at 14/1 only to find there had been three price changes to the horse on the website.

Yes, there was something wrong this afternoon. Betfair was showing a huge drift on Weld's fav in the QR maidenbut oddschecker never gave any hint that the rest of the market was following.

Very sad to get home and see my selection BINGO LADY "injured and fell" which doesn't sound too good for the gallant wee girl. I saw her last win, which was a good battling job, and hope she's not been put to sleep. If anyone knows her fate, please tell me. Hopeless today - was going to do wussy e/ws on WISE OLD OWL and RED DUKE and then decided on being bolder and did win singles. Aaaarse!

Thursdays nags.

Good 2.45 £1000 win @ 5/1-bet365,pp,coral,sj

Good 3.15 £500 win manighar @ 6/1 -bet365,boyle,pp,wh

Good 5.25 £500 win parvana @ 6/1 sky,boyle,pp.

Good luck all.

Thursdays picks

Fulghar £300 win 2.15 Goodwood

Opinion Poll £200 win 3.15 Goodwood

Redera £150 e/w 4.50 Galway

Last edited:
Thursdays nags.

Good 2.45 £1000 win @ 5/1-bet365,pp,coral,sj

Good 3.15 £500 win manighar @ 6/1 -bet365,boyle,pp,wh

Good 5.25 £500 win parvana @ 6/1 sky,boyle,pp.

Good luck all.

Well done, no problem with the prices, but we also need the names of (all) the horses.

Well done, no problem with the prices, but we also need the names of (all) the horses.

Grey, you are on a serious power trip. There is no end to your demands on us. Although poor Irish Stamp nearly seriously injured himself today falling off his chair when I suggested I was too busy to name the two bookmakers due to being busy at work....

Grey, you are on a serious power trip. There is no end to your demands on us. Although poor Irish Stamp nearly seriously injured himself today falling off his chair when I suggested I was too busy to name the two bookmakers due to being busy at work....

Dance! You must keep dancing!

Thursday - starting bank £3100

Goodwood

2.15 Sagramor £100 ew
reserve Fulgur (£100 ew)
2.45 Masamah £100 ew
3.15 Electrolyser £50 ew
3.45 Meeznah £50 ew

Galway

4.10 Tavern Times £100 win
4.50 Captain Cee Bee £100 ew

Stake left - £2200

Good luck everyone

Looks like it, Gears: on Page 1 it says you mightn't be able to get involved every day, from which I assume it means you don't have to put something up every day.

Back