Galway Races

Brushed Aside dwelt coming out of the stalls on her debut and ran on late. It looked to a lot of conspiracy theorists like Weld was getting one ready for Galway.

Silly move dropping her to six furlongs last time.....I think she could develop into a stakes filly. Worry would be the track as she has quite a stride and still has strengthening up to do.

Silly move dropping her to six furlongs last time.....I think she could develop into a stakes filly. Worry would be the track as she has quite a stride and still has strengthening up to do.

No worries there...think she is a top class prospect. Reminded me very much of Peeping Fawn when I saw her at The Curragh.

No worries there...think she is a top class prospect. Reminded me very much of Peeping Fawn when I saw her at The Curragh.
The 50/1 for the Guineas and 40/1 for the Oaks deserve a bit of thought. Not at all unusual for a top class O'Brien filly to take a few runs before getting going.

Tue, 28th Jul, 2009
The attendance and Tote betting on day two of the Festival at Ballybrit showed a sharper drop compared with yesterday's opening session. Persistent rain throughout the afternoon undoubtedly affected the crowd figure of 15,741, down 29% on the corresponding total of 22,282 last year.
The Tote aggregate of €812,140 was also 29% lower than the €1,145,035 total on day two last year, although the percentage drop with the bookmakers this evening was not as severe as day one. The betting ring turned over €1,660,610, which was down 22% on last year's figure of €2,128,026.

There's plenty of money for it.

I'm looking for Baily Rock, Scolboa King, Wins Now and Rip (main bet of the day) to put me in clover.

Have backed a nice few today..Hit the crossbar 3 times on Monday. Have backed Piano Star e/w at 20's in the Galway Plate, and i really fancy Blackstairmountain in the 3.45 & Young Lockinvar in the 5.40. At Goodwood am on Swingkeel in the first and Braveheart Move in the 4.0..Kiss of death for that lot so:o:o

Thanks for the updates Loosehead.

Quite fancy Devoted To You in the fillies maiden.

One off course firm were going 4/1 when it was 100/30 to lay on betfair.I couldn't honestly say it was a certainty with the conditions but I had a nice bet.

Deustchland does look well in but he will need luck in running given his style of racing and he has not always delivered on the big occasions over hurdles. Too short for me.

If Galway is about 'the craic' rather than the racing shouldn't the TV coverage be of 'the craic' rather than the racing?:o

Might be more interesting and exciting!:p

Last edited:
Back