Glorious Goodwood 2020

Will Mark Johnston send Meraas to the group two against Battaash or go for his other entry in the Stewards Cup? I didn't see he was entered in the latter...

Last edited:
Not a lot I fancy tomorrow. Spanish Mission the biggest threat to Stradivarius in my opinion I fully expect him to run a monster tomorrow if given a proper gallop which he should be guaranteed here.

Well I absolutely did my poke on that with no excuses so I'll take it on the chin with regards the loss. What hurts more than that though is Strads winning margin over Nayef Road albeit a bit of a meesy race. I would of had the absolute lot on if I could of got a match bet between Spanish and Nayef. He absolutely smashed him at Newmarket last year in a proper run contest. Then when Nayef turned the tables on him at Goodwood after that it was a slow run affair Nayef got first run and Spanish had come down with a bad case of the Spencer's he should of easily beat him that day. As said not much I can do about it and I'd have rather gone for it big and have it go wrong than of have it win and then wondering why I didn't fill him in.

Really dissapointed with that.

Well done Jinny on the double and any other winners I've missed today. Good luck with the rest. I'm off to lick my wounds for a couple of days...or maybe just overnight :)

The only weight factor was giving a 3yo 15lbs which is weight for age and in this case the 3yo came up short. The rest were on level weights.

I had a barney on the phone with the brother before racing. He really fancied Santiago because of the weight difference. I was arguing that it was wfa therefore to be ignored. He disagreed. While we were on the phone I was on the laptop going back through the last 10 renewals. The only 3yo winner was... Stradivarius. Other 3yos had run and failed. I think Dashing Willoughby last year may have been the best apart from Stradivarius.

If the weight difference really mattered you'd expect the roll of honour to be littered with 3yos. It isn't. There are very few of them.

And I would fancy Strad to beat Santiago at 12f.

(I'd fancy myself to beat Santiago at 12f for that matter. The 3yos, Love and Serpentine apart, are well below average.)

I see people still having problems with wfa, and sectionals are even more complicate.

If you see people struggling, it does no harm to give them a hand Suny. Perhaps the greatest use of a forum is for some to teach and others to learn.

On ATR Charlie J states that horse will only run if something amiss with Battaash otherwise it’s Stewards Cup.

A race to savour imo! Invariably this race often becomes a clash between two good horses. This year we have three cracking colts plus Circus Maximus and you cannot rule out Wichita.

If you see people struggling, it does no harm to give them a hand Suny. Perhaps the greatest use of a forum is for some to teach and others to learn.

Over the years, Danny, quite a few of us have tried to be helpful but as often as not we are slagged off by people who either refuse to see our reasoning, see it but disagree in a disrespectful way or dismiss us as being anoraks.

The appreciative ones are in the minority. Those are the ones I engage with beyond the forum.

A race to savour imo! Invariably this race often becomes a clash between two good horses. This year we have three cracking colts plus Circus Maximus and you cannot rule out Wichita.

I think it will be a good race for second place. Mohaather will win as easily as Strad.

Tactically it could be interesting with the O'Brien three drawn 5,6 and 7.
Hopefully no hard luck stories!

I've backed Lake Lucerne 13/2 B365 & Sky, on the grounds that his 25/1 gp3 5th was a big improvement sfter 4 months off, and he'll likely improve again for the benefit of that run.

Proper gp1, the Sussex; Circus Maximus won't lack for a proper test with Frankie & Wm Buick fielding for him, and that could just give him the edge on the rest.

Last edited:
This sharp 7f, on Summer ground is probably the ideal for Zhui Feng (4.20), who finished a close 3rd in a significantly better c/d contest last term, yet runs off an 8lb lower mark today. Runs without the blinds which might have cost him that day,and can't see Wm Hills's 16/1 (5 places) lasting forever.

Mohaather is the only one today I feel very strongly about and have backed accordingly.

As far as the other races are concerned, this is what I'm looking at. The ones without prices I haven't backed just yet. I'm holding out for better odds but will go in soon either way.

[TABLE="width: 459"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]1.10
[/TD]
[TD]Lake Lucerne 8/1; Dean Street Doll 11/1
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]1.45
[/TD]
[TD]Mukha Magic 66/1 4pl; Coeur De Lion 8/1
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2.15
[/TD]
[TD]Encipher; Glenties; Kings Caper 18/1 4pl Sky
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2.45
[/TD]
[TD]Chief Little Hawk 8/1 B3
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]3.15
[/TD]
[TD]Mohaather 3/1
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

This sharp 7f, on Summer ground is probably the ideal for Zhui Feng (4.20), who finished a close 3rd in a significantly better c/d contest last term, yet runs off an 8lb lower mark today. Runs without the blinds which might have cost him that day,and can't see Wm Hills's 16/1 (5 places) lasting forever.[/QUOTE

9/1 now my follower must've gone daft.:lol:

Last edited:
Bit later than usual.
1. Really liked Waliyak at Ascot. But could see Be More being a danger esp as course form and also beat Lady Bowthorpe last season
2. V undecided on this race and may just plump for Johnston runner, Summer Moon. Always been a fan of The Grand Visio too and the Charlton horse has a v solid look to it’s form.
3. Carlos Felix was visually impressive last time but I may have an interest in A Star Above off 8 2.
4. Chief Little Hawk I wasn’t impressed with physically. Sardinia Sunset boasts best form for me and I like both Significantly and Night on Earth. Can’t comment on Irish raider other than 7 days quite quick to bring a 2yo over for second run.
5. Pin time as you can make a case for every one. My pin leaning towards Mohaather but he’s going to have to be right at the top of his game to give 8lbs to Siskin. I think he’s most likely to handle track but equally I could see it being a v strong gallop and C Max outstaying them?
6. Miss Jingles
7. Mottrib. Verboten is in my tracker but is poorly drawn so I might have a look at Toro Strike too.

Getting stuck on placed horses today! My irritating ex has had the first three winners....and yes I had ignored him!

Back