Glorious Goodwood

How seriously disadvantaged is a horse drawn high in a 6 or 7f race at Goodwood?
On a scale of say 1-5 how much would a late finisher in a big field be disadvantaged?
Opinions and/or stats welcomed.

That's perfect! Thanks, David, even though it would seem to rule out one of my big fancies for Saturday.

Btw if the horse wins from 21 I'll haunt you forever!

That's perfect! Thanks, David, even though it would seem to rule out one of my big fancies for Saturday.

Btw if the horse wins from 21 I'll haunt you forever!

It wouldn't be relevant for anything on Saturday oif your fancy is in the Stewards Cup. The stats are based on the round track, not the straight which will be a much more level playing field.

After such an abysmal showing from Riggins the trixie is now singles and a double Novellen Lad and Fathsta. The latter has been carrying my money for a number of races and generally delivering the place return. Keeps finding trouble but themark has dropped considerably over the period-though not since LTO against Hoof It. Still I felt he would have had a chance with a clear run then. De Souza rode well on the penultimate start so remain hopeful

Bridefield

Yes, you are the forum member who seems to have the inside track on Godolphin horses aren't you. I guess on this occasion that's your real reason for butting in to matters that don't concern you.

Don't say things on forums that you wouldn't say to someone in real life, and I can catagorically say I would give you and Grey a good slap in real life if you really fancied it.

I'd have to travel to Brussels to check out what Grey boy is made of though.

Last edited:
Yes, you are the forum member who seems to have the inside track on Godolphin horses aren't you. I guess on this occasion that's your real reason for butting in to matters that don't concern you.

Don't say things on forums that you wouldn't say to someone in real life, and I can catagorically say I would give you and Grey a good slap in real life if you really fancied it.

I'd have to travel to Brussels to check out what Grey boy is made of though.

:lol::lol:

Horrible to watch.

I had Verdant backed and thought he was going best, but money far from my mind after a second Saturday in a row watching this. Awful.

After such an abysmal showing from Riggins the trixie is now singles and a double Novellen Lad and Fathsta. The latter has been carrying my money for a number of races and generally delivering the place return. Keeps finding trouble but themark has dropped considerably over the period-though not since LTO against Hoof It. Still I felt he would have had a chance with a clear run then. De Souza rode well on the penultimate start so remain hopeful

Enormous gamble on Fathsta. I got him at 25s just after the first race, and into 10s now.

What's more, Arders, it's the same old phone! Probably worth a fortune on the Antiques Roadshow. And I'm still using the tea-towel you left behind... I think what I've learned after this year is that I do need a place to park me behind more than I used to (tempus has fugited at an alarming rate). Glorious - and probably every monster meeting - is lovely but not if you can't take it a bit easy in between races. Next year, provided I'm not flogging the Big Issue outside Brighton Station, we'll go for the Double Trigger restaurant. A bit less crowded than most, I think, and still a nice view of horses on the walk to and from the course.

I know. Nawwaar did well to win, didn't he? I'm not sure it screamed "Guineas winner", however, although he clearly has a future.

Back