Glorious Goodwood

Euronymous

Senior Jockey
Surely we can have a thread for this given Galway has one.

Disappointing that Gleneagles is out of the Sussex but it gives us a betting opportunity as Solow will be too short now. I think this easy mile will not suit and I'll take Belardo at a price.

Couple of big handicaps on the opening day and I'll be tucking into Mount Logan and Oasis Fantasy.

I like Oasis Fantasy a bit aswell Euro, its a bloody hot race though, what makes you so keen on him after the last run?

Spark Plug (NAP) is a proper dark horse in the first handicap. Cracking two runs to start off the season, then fell at Ascot and so has.... (repeat...has) to be forgiven the last run which wasn't too bad as a confidence booster. He's had enough time to bounce back now and he is my best bet of the day.

Why are you not tucking into Limato in the Lennox? Stick with him fella! I am...

Last edited:
I like Oasis Fantasy a bit aswell Euro, its a bloody hot race though, what makes you so keen on him after the last run?

He was poorly drawn in the Plate and his jockey used all the horse's effort just to get him in some sort of contention. Ironically the race was a boost for him anyway as Quest for More had just finished in front of him over tomorrow's course and distance (when he got first run) in May.

Frustrated with the NR's. Fair play Euro, good luck.

For what its worth Perfect Muse for Clive Cox will win the 4:20. The horse likes cut in the ground and ran well at this track on his first start of the season. Take the 12's!

You can blame 48hr decs but I blame trainers/owners. I've had a nice each way bet on Mount Logan in the opener with 18 declared and these cocksuckers (meehan and noseda) have already pulled out their horses. Why ******* declare them in the first place given the rain that was already coming down.

Collaboration (2.00) ran close to his best in the Wolferton on going that didn't suit, so should certainly find a few lbs more improvement on his ideal ground. His high draw should be little detriment, given his running style.
Couldn't have Toormore over the 7f of the Lennox, at all.

I was really looking forward to watching Solow beat Gleneagles sorta feel like Dick Turpin now the latter has been withdrawn.

Much tougher is The Qatar Vintage Stakes with several holding good chances.

If the Godolphin hotline is working they should know the strength of Ibn Malik who beat Comicas last time.

Comicas a winner since looked like the better horse in the making but thought not good enough to represent Godolphin here.

A pointer I find hard to ignore so will put a line through Ibn Malik.

Of the Goldoliphin pair the one to be on here without a shadow of a doubt is Strong Challenge despite what the betting says.

The main danger could come from Galileo Gold who would have been mega impressive last time but for idling in the closing stages.

He may have enough toe to cut Strong Challenge down and while that looks a tall order I have decided to dutch the pair..

Strong Challenge/Galileo Gold 2.81 taken

The Lennox Stakes isn't the best Group 2 race ever and there's good reasons why not to back a few of these.

Absolutely So 14/1 on the machine looks worth an EW bet and could easily cause an upset.

In the 2yo maiden balding doesn't exactly have an amazing record , 3 places from 17 runners in the 4.55 but cause for optimism for This is for you @ 33/1
Bit green and unsettled on debut but should come on for that initial exercise , by paco boy a course winner from 2 starts , other was 2.5L defeat in a grp2.
Selection half brother jonny mudball placed twice only 3/4L behind on its two visits to course so should handle this course , no horse higher than 10/1 sp has won this so might get a place or come down the field but @ 33/1 , worth a go with no real superstars in this line up

Well, every man and his dog seem to be on Oasis Fantasy so I have taken the hints.

Nothing really jumps out at me, I have always been a fan of Blue Surf after being at Newbury in 2012 when it won at a decent price in similar ground meaning I had a good day that day. Highest it's been but I think this will have been the target for the season and with the ground represents value to me for each way backers.

I have to have a bet on confessional for purely emotional purposes as this horse has got to sign off with a win at some point. Interesting to note Atzeni up on it and lowest it's been for years in the weights but there is a reason for that. Hardly ever beaten too far so the drop in weights has to pay off at some point. Hopefully today.

small each way trixie just in case it is my lucky day!

cracking race for the vintage this year..two of them very interesting to me personally..but don't fancy either of them.

Birchwood was disappointing on slow
Ibn Malik to me has doubts re the ground on breeding

Strong Challenge also has to be doubtful on this ground looking at the breeding

Galleo Gold is another that i've had a slice of money out of on the figures on his previous runs but his form with the 2nd on the last win leaves him a lot to find..Twin Sails another one that has put up good figures for me...going ? again

tough race full of ? re the going..have dutched Welford + Beaverbrook for an upset ..i'd love to be confident about Ibn Malik as that one is a key figure horse for me but can't chance it on the ground.

Last edited:
time of first race suggests GOOD ground slightly on the slower rather than faster side of it ..not near good to soft by any means...not for top of the ground hosses though.

birchwood got butchered..they all looked pretty much of a muchness after what looked a steady pace..nice run from Ibn Malik..the head on shot showed a bit more cut up of the ground there behind them

I'm so glad Hughes is retiring. He never put that horse in the race.

Agree entirely the whole season he had ridden like a man that doesn't care. The amount of his mounts he hasn't ridden out for places is extraordinary the BHA seem to have just turned a blind eye to it.

Frustrated with the NR's. Fair play Euro, good luck.

For what its worth Perfect Muse for Clive Cox will win the 4:20. The horse likes cut in the ground and ran well at this track on his first start of the season. Take the 12's!

Got that wrong but I think the NR's the night before rather summed up the way things were going to go for me.

Greatrex has one called Boite who I'm interested in tomorrow in the first, other than that not much tickles my fancy from a betting perspective.

Last edited:
2 bets on notebook horses at Beverly today both of which losers and
Didn't have a penny on Mister Music at 20/1 also a notebook horse and one I put up on the Gal/Good comp thread

Sickened I tells ya!

A poor show I know
The competitiveness of the race made me reluctant to part with the cash.

Good call with Mount Logan in the first Euro. Took some of the 10s Will Hill was offering this morning

Back