Golden Jubilee

Despite his poor draw and despite his poor previous run, Coolmore backed US Ranger off the boards at York. Clearly the horse was showing plenty at home, if the money comes for him again tomorrow I think he will go very close. It was one of those runs that you see from a Ballydoyle horse these days that leaves me thinking he'll win the next day.

from graham Cunninghams Blog

THE sprinting highlight of the week, though Hughie Morrison is threatening to withdraw his stable star Sakhee's Secret if rain falls on top of watered ground.

Hope Hughie don't feck up like he did at Haydock

US Ranger won his race from Balthazars Gift by about 2.5L's at York on the wrong side in a race that split into two groups, and I'd respect his chances

Assertive 6
War Artist 1
Beckermet 7
US Ranger 17
Hoh Mike 3
Haatef 4
Prime Defender 2

The one I can't get my head round is this flaming Kiwi filly (as I've been chortling on about elsewhere). The one thing she must have had, was fast or firm ground I'd have thought? If she's been putting up group class performances at further then the 6F trip presents no problem, and the time she ran at Trentham at least suggests the ground shouldn't be a concern either. She's drawn high, but there doesn't seem to be that much of a bias provided the jockeys stick to their side, and it's not as if she's marooned in the middle somewhere. If the time can be relied on (which I'm far from convinced it can remotely be) then she'll run away from this lot

If he'd not ben drawn 17 and won race at York same distance Assertive did, what would have acchieved????

Not much, just like Assertive

Price is fecking joke

AR and Myboy have better claims

I agree Charlie, I'd rather be taking the 33s about Assertive than the 13/2 about US Ranger. US Ranger is turning into a Dandy Man type in my opinion where people harp on about how good he is for ages yet he regularly gets beat only for folk to come up with excuses for him. He's only won at listed level for gods sake.

After yesterday, I can see me eating my words later though! :laughing:

Not much rain so far guys, so i've got my bit on Sakhees, albeit a fraction under the price i wanted

place laid US Ranger

also, as Martin states on Day thread, have a proper look at Diabolical, he could run well here, worth a small interst on place imo

Originally posted by Charlie D@Jun 21 2008, 03:35 PM

There should be no excuses for any horse today
Absolutely. The difference for Sakhee`s Secret is that the rain that fell at Haydock last september was on already over-watered ground. Proper fast out there today so hopefully he`ll give his July Cup running.

It was slow at Haydock Euro, almost Good to Soft, thats why i laid Sahkee and backed Red Clubs each way

This ground is nowhere near that imo, but he being layed :eek:

I've been sweet on Marchand D'Or since Chantilly and after Tuesday I'd be mad to leave him unbacked. It's a very good field though; plenty of dangers.

Strange race; lots never got into it.

Can't deny the winner though - he's trained on alright!

Originally posted by Gareth Flynn@Jun 21 2008, 03:53 PM
Was that US Ranger? He was in all sorts of trouble half way through.
Probably couldn't see where he was going, he had his head so high in the air. Pig.

Winner had good claims on Nunthorpe run, but LTO and step up put me off

can't believe how bad Sakhees run there

The jockeys drawn high were a bright bunch weren't they?

They've got to split in the Wokingham, it's a no brainer.

Back