Golden Jubilee

Seeing as Coolmore and Darley successfully stand their stallions in Aus (as do others) after campaigning them here anyway there probably doesn't seem to be anything to gain by making any concerted effort to compete down there.

Apologies if it's been mentioned elsewhere on this thread, I've only skimmed through this page! I see that Takeover Target is going back to Australia since a slight tear has been discovered in a suspensory. Interesting to note that the RP has again reported inccurately that the injury is to a tendon - the suspensory is a ligament and the "suspensory tendon" which they speak of does not exist. I'd still have thought that it would probably be touch and go to get him ready in time for the Victoria Spring Carnival though.

Peeping Fawn, Soldier of Fortune, Septimus, Yeats and we´ve not even got to the 3yos surely they could find something for a big race down under?

The Aussies are only to happy to send their horses up north (this year possibly to escape the monster Apache Cat mind)

Martin, our races are more prestigious and wa more sexy. What is a Caulfield Cup or Cox Plate (both sound like point to point events to me) in comparison to a Prix d`larc De Triomphe or a Champion Stakes.

Give me the Cox Plate over the Champion Stakes - the race is fast becoming an afterthought for Arc failures.

I´ll give you the Arc though, Oz has even had a runner in it within the last 20 years too :)

On it`s own the Champion Stakes is just another 10f Group 1 race. But it`s part of the best day`s racing of the year.

Originally posted by Euronymous@Jun 24 2008, 05:17 PM
Martin, our races are more prestigious and wa more sexy. What is a Caulfield Cup or Cox Plate (both sound like point to point events to me) in comparison to a Prix d`larc De Triomphe or a Champion Stakes.
Agree with you 100%.Less prestige and an expensive bill for transport down under.Even in these days of international competition and travel nobody is interested in the big Australian races with the exception of the Melbourne Cup.

Back