Goodwood

Euronymous

Senior Jockey
Week off booked, looking forward to this.

On day one I have 10s and 11/2 ap about Librisa Breeze in the Lennox. He ran a stormer in the Diamond Jubilee and is versatile with regard to ground/track. Has a big shout but the possible participation of Limato is a worry - I may have to cover on him. I also fear the Ballydoyle horse who also ran well at the Royal meeting. I have him in a trixie with Winter and Polybius (Stewards).

The stayers race looks an ew race and I may have a go at Dai Harraild who isn't a guaranteed stayer but is unexposed over more than 12f and ran well over a mile and six at York in May. Nice form boost (tentatively) from Idaho yesterday also.

Goodwood giving a reading of 6.0 as good to soft when every reading below 6.6 in the last two years has been officially soft.

I thought Eddystone Rock returned to good form at York when 6th in The John Smiths. He's won on soft ground in Ireland when trained by Johnny Murtagh so cut in the ground isn't a problem, if anything it may help his chance. He's a good price at the moment.

Last edited:
Nassau is the race of the week - A cracker if they all turn up. Over a mile i'd be steaming into Winter but will just be watching on this occasion.

Topped up my sexual ap possie on Librisa Breeze at 11/2 and 5/1 each way for 4 pl.

Also done Pallasator with Powers as it's money back if he's 2/3/4 behind the fav.

Had a couple of £10 trixies last week:

Enable 11/8 (sorry about the aftertime)
Limato 3/1
Ribchester 4/5

Spirit of Valor 5s
Winter 6/4
Polybius 12s

If Fabricate was owned by anyone other than Her Majesty; the result would have remained unaltered!

Last edited:
20/1, 50/1, 6/1, 100/1 and 33/1 with only the 7/4 fav offering any real respite to punters, though Stradavarius was well punted. With one race to go - I'll pass...

Not a good day. Terrible tactics on Librisa Breeze - another example of not trusting group horses who are with less than top draw connections - they plainly over thought it.

Tomorrow I have Churchill ap at 5s and 7/2 and may top up if I can get 2/1. The wfa is still wrong in this race - the 3yos get too much given the distance/ease of this mile.

I also like Havana Grey in the Molecomb. There's a formline though the horse he beat in the National Stakes that suggests he should be fav for this. Looks overpriced at 9/2.

20/1, 50/1, 6/1, 100/1 and 33/1 with only the 7/4 fav offering any real respite to punters, though Stradavarius was well punted. With one race to go - I'll pass...
I had 50 pence each way on Al Astronate. Didn't make me a millionaire but it was quite a thrill.

Londinium well backed this evening, 12's into 8's. Looks the best of the Mark Johnston pair in the second race on Wednesday.

Last edited:
Arthur McBride worth a go e/w in the first. He's won at Goodwood, is lightly raced, and may be well handicapped for trainer Nigel Twiston Davies, who has won this race before.

Last edited:
There were at least a couple in June for the same type of offence, i.e drifting left and bumping another horse.

Playing with SKYBETs free bet builder so had a £5 win on Shenanigans, £1.90 EW on El Astronaute (hate uneven numbers in account!) and £2.50 ew on Fabricate - so happily playing with their money again tomorrow!

£5win on Battle of Jericho plus a fun ew double on Never Surrender / It Dont Come Easy (in jokes at the office!)

In the Sussex, I'll take Zelzal EW against the big 2, as he doesn't have much to find, and should be more suited by this sharp 1m.
Looks to have been trained specifically for this, well clear of the rest, and double figure odds in a race with a nice EW shape, also.
In the first, I've backed Star Rider EW @ 10/1 as, though he's up 9lb from last year's win, he only has 3lb more actual weight to carry, in a not dissimilar field, and it wouldn't be unusual for a 5yo to find that sort of improvement at this kind of trip, Good record on this quirky track, too.

Skybet are paying 6 places in the opener - would be very rude not to. I've gone for Suegioo who always races in rear and always rattles home to finish closest at finish - now at Goodwood this style of racing isn't ideal but over this extreme trip and with cut in the ground the leaders won't be going that fast so he might catch most of them. Another bonus is he's come down another 2/3lbs in the handicap recently and the track is a good one for top weights. I've done him in a single and in a double with Lightning Spear who is very much a cliff horse but also overpriced in the big one.

Last edited:
Well done Marble.

Agree with Brendan about the weather putting a dampener on things. After a naff day yesterday my fortunes have reversed.

Back