Grand National 2020

I reckon they won’t allow Tiger Roll to win. It would stick in too many craws if there was an implication he’s a better horse than Red Rum.

I also doubt they’ll let a big outsider win because there’d be cries of ‘fix’.

I reckon they won’t allow Tiger Roll to win. It would stick in too many craws if there was an implication he’s a better horse than Red Rum.

It's random number generator so essentially the only input is to calculate the odds. The computer does the rest.

I don't believe its rigged as you scurrilously seem to suggest. :whistle:

It's random based on where the money has gone. Had cause to speak to one of the directors at Ladbroke's over a decade ago about virtual racing and how it operates as it's a no loss guarantee for the book, and despite the presentation of form etc it's really not a game of skill. The horses chance reflects its SP
<strike></strike>

Rachel Blackmore to join Elizabeth Taylor as the obscure answers to pub quiz question in 10 years time

Last edited:
I find it a bit hard to believe that this ‘event’ is no different to the 4.54 at Paddy Park. This is a purely mechanical exercise, with no input from the ITV pundits and production team?

I find it a bit hard to believe that this ‘event’ is no different to the 4.54 at Paddy Park. This is a purely mechanical exercise, with no input from the ITV pundits and production team?

I always understood it was based on form, commercial ratings, course form, jumping record, stamina record etc etc with some randomness chucked in to produce the odd surprise, like maybe Tiger Roll falling.

Surely if it's entirely mechanical Ballyoptic wins as he's officially 6lbs well in. The official handicapper has effectively had his say.

I always understood it was based on form, commercial ratings, course form, jumping record, stamina record etc etc with some randomness chucked in to produce the odd surprise, like maybe Tiger Roll falling.

Surely if it's entirely mechanical Ballyoptic wins as he's officially 6lbs well in. The official handicapper has effectively had his say.

Put this is imputed into the odds. The rest is pure random number generated. It is essentially a 4.54 from Paddy Park.

What a load of utter crap! Horses simply don’t run up and down with the pace like that. TR would not have had as much use made of him as that under that weight.

What a load of utter crap! Horses simply don’t run up and down with the pace like that. TR would not have had as much use made of him as that under that weight.

Tiger Roll 3rd in the champ of champs as well. I thought his odds would have shortened for todays National after that hahaha.

Would Potters Corner and Walk In The Mill finish on a par with Red Rum hahahaha.

What an althorithm that was eh.

Still, it was better than another 15 minutes of 24 hour news. :(

Last edited:
Clearly not! Actually my mother got a bit upset when Bristol de Mai fell until I reminded her that it wasn’t real yet I got pissed off with the result! :lol:

:lol:

The missus had the winner and was I told you so I ruddy told you so :lol:
I had to explain in running aswell it wasn't real! :lol:

I actually thought TR was probably knackered running twice in such a short time! Helluva performance in hindsight....:whistle:

This year's race was bad enough but - and I admit I've no idea about how good Manifesto and Reynoldstown were - but I would seriously question whether anything that ran before the 1973 race could live with subsequent races. Crisp and Red Rum changed the entire nature of the race and then the likes of Mr Frisk and Lord Gyllene gave it some more welly.

They go much faster now.

At least the fallers all got up and then miraculously ran out to avoid interfering with other runners. The RSPCA will be happy.

I have to question the Champions of Champions race. Hedgehunter would have won. But Aintree legend Comply Or Die pulling up. Sure he ran in 4 times, winning one placing in 2 and completing the course all 4 times?

I made a 12 pound profit anyway. £5 e/w on both Any Second Now and Burrows Saint

Back