6 Bashkirov (Heffernan/O'Brien)
7 William Hogarth (O'Donoghue/O'Brien)
8 Curtain Call (Dettori/Cumani)
9 Centennial (Fortune/Gosden)
11 Change The World (Mendizabal/Rouget)
12 Cima de Triomphe (Vargiu/Grizzetti)
13 Americain (Pasquier/Fabre)
14 Prospect Wells (Peslier/Fabre)

Sindajan is pacemaking for Monmarte, and presumably William Hogarth is in there for Allesandro Volta (careful now!) and Bashkirov. Note also that Americain is Fabre's second string despite having Pasquier on board - both of Fabre's are owned by the Wertheimer brothers who retain Peslier.

I predict that in a surprise move, Alessandro Volta and William Hogarth will both be equipped with automatic firing sleeping darts, using them to take out the entire field except Bashkirov.

This will add further fuel to the Ballydoyle team tactics detractors but will be countered by O'Brien fanboys who will say that any sleep related interference was entirely accidental.

Seamus Heffernan will be shot by Iranian terrorists.

Let's hope the rogue pacemakers don't play any part.

I'm on Montmartre for the Arc at huge prices .. hope Monday he shows his class. Very strong field though - much better than last year.

If AV carrys on like that over there his arse won't touch the ground.

Surprised they are taking him to France, would have thought that would be the last place when you consider the suspensions thrown around there.

Thankfully there are pacemakers, otherwise we would have the typical French crawl of a race.

If Murtagh can find a way to keep AV straight he will take all the beating. He will have get him covered up and keep him off the rail. AOB claimed the horse got stage fright when he turned into the straight at The Curragh.

Not sure - it's 'Good' (3.2) in Chantilly at the moment for the Prix Jean Prat on Sunday but that's not exactly Paris...

Corals Prices:

Doctor Freemantle 7/2
Prospect Wells 7/2
Alessandro Volta 4/1
Curtain Call 5/1
Monmantre 11/2
Cima De Triomphe 9/1
Magadan 16/1
Bashkirov 18/1
Centennial 28/1
Americain 33/1
William Hogwarth 66/1
Sindajan 150/1

Ladbrokes go 4/1 favourite for the Arc.

Stan James went 10/1 cut to 5/1 immediately.

Last edited:
Does this mean Zarakava misses the Arc? The Aga Khan is not really in to clashing his stars or am I mistaken?

Looked a rough race out the back but much of it was down to the likes of Alessandro Volta,Doctor Dino etc being too slow on that sort of ground.

I would have guaranteed the horse was by Dalakhani, but he is a Montjeu. Makes it almost certain he will handle any ease in the going for the Arc as well. Most impressive.

Outstanding performance, although with Doctor Freemantle being hampered it means maybe New Approach is the better horse of the two with the distance beeing the same.

Makes for a great race, I think the 3 year olds have the advantage this year butt he ground would be to Solider Of Fortune the going should be soft for that time of year.

I think you can pick a winner between; New Approach, Monmartre and Tartan Bearer out of the 3 year olds and Solilder Of Fortune and Youmzain of the older horses.

Good to see the Irish Derby form being thrown out and showed what a farce the race was, Baskirov no where near the class the Irish Derby mockingly showed.

Back