Great Weekend In Dublin 2010

Thanks to all for a fine weekend.

Cantoris did an almost 24 hour shift as chauffeur, providing lifts from long before dawn on Saturday morning to not so far before dawn on Sunday morning. After that he was handing over cheques to J P McManus and Ted Walsh on Sunday afternoon. The transport, financial and media sectors would collapse without him.

Del maintained a cheerful front as bet after bet went astray. Until Zaarito fell, that is, when I think I heard him sigh. Ah well, we can't expect Brave Inca days every year. Speaking of which, we saw the old boy down at Murphy's and he's looking great, still looking like he could run tomorrow.

Hezz is fit and light enough to take the ride on Inca, which was fortunate for the rest of us. The Cantoris tractor could manage three and a half passengers but would never have managed four.

Irish Stamp told me even as the bets went south how much he enjoys Leopardstown. He also told me how it was cheaper for him to get to Dublin and Paris from Brighton than to many of the main English tracks. Definitely an enthusiast, financial salvation awaits as soon as the next flying wonder he's spotted in the French provinces reaches these shores.

Thanks to all for a great weekend - was great meeting everyone and going racing at Leopardstown again :)

Fingers crossed next time it will be more profitable all round :)

Glad you chaps had a nice time. Some poor unfortunate was dragged to feckin Ikea with three kids and a hangover. I held my breath and stamped my feet so that we left in time to see the big one.

Back