Great Weekend In Dublin 2010

The tractor is now provisionally full!!

Cantoris driving
Grey the navigator
Flame and Irish Stamp providing balance
Del Boy hanging off the back waiting for the breakfast roll in Gorey!!

Del Boy just needs to confirm. Should be in Colms for 8am and out by 10/10.30am so we will hit Leopardstown at 12.......just in time for the first.

Winning Ways Racing is sponsoring the €15k handicap hurdle on Irish Champion Hurdle day so should be a bit of craic. No free tickets this time though!!

€20 Two-day Ticket Launched by Leopardstown Racecourse
For the MCR Hurdle & Toshiba Irish Champion Hurdle Racing Weekend​
Leopardstown Racecourse has launched a €20 two-day ticket for the combined MCR Hurdle and Toshiba Irish Champion Hurdle Racedays on the 23rd and 24th January. The racecourse has introduced this offer to celebrate their ‘Back to Racing’ weekend following the weather disruptions of recent weeks.
The special offer is available only by advance purchase on www.leopardstown.com, by phone on 01 2890500 or by direct purchase form the Leopardstown office.
Turnstile prices for each individual raceday will be €15, a reduction of 25% (€5) on 2009 prices.
Michael O Rourke, CEO of HRI Racecourses said: " We have made price reductions at all HRI racecourses for 2010 but this additional incentive for the combined MCR and Toshiba racedays at Leopardstown represents a 50% discount on 2009 prices, an exceptional offer which is the perfect way to celebrate this ‘Back to Racing’ weekend."
Leopardstown has also agreed special racing weekend price deals with neighbouring hotels Fitzpatricks – Killiney, Stillorgan Park - Stillorgan and Bewleys - Sandyford.*

For further information contact:-
Jane Davis, Marketing Executive, Leopardstown Racecourse, Ph: - 01 -2890505/ 086 3490681
Tamarisk Doyle, PR Manager, HRI, Ph: 045 455685
* Hotel Special Offer details
Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel
1 night accommodation for 2 people sharing in a Double or Twin Room Ensuite
Tickets to Race Day of your choice (23rd or 24th January)
Transfers to and from the races
Breakfast for 2 People
From €120
Stillorgan Park Hotel
1 night accommodation for 2 people sharing in a Double or Twin Room Ensuite
Tickets to a Race Day of your choice (23rd or 24th January)
Transfers to & from the Races
Racing Post
From €130
Bewleys Leopardstown
1 nights Accommodation for 2 people sharing in a Double or Twin Room Ensuite
Tickets to a Race Day of your choice (23rd or 24th January)
Transfers to & from the Races
Full Irish Breakfast for 2 People
From €110
(Packages can be tailored to the racegoers needs).

I removed my thread as Gal beat me to it. Once again, I raise the point about the booking fee online. This is a great offer but it irks me that you have to pay €3 online. They are offering the opportunity to pick up from the racecourse office but I wonder will you be able to buy the ticket from the ticket desk on raceday without incurring the charge??

Last edited:
Free entry on the 23rd if you show your Tote (Ireland) card. They say they have a deal for the nearby Beacon Hotel on the Tote website, which I can't access, so can't tell you what it is.

Last edited:
We have the makings of a fine weekend.

Cantoris has a group for a stable visit to Colm Murphy's on Sat am and others will be meeting us at Leopardstown on one or both days.

I will book a restaurant table for Saturday evening, for around 8pm. The London Irish v Leinster game will be safely over by then. I presume that, like last year, food is mainly of interest to out-of-towners plus one or two locals and will estimate numbers accordingly.

I'd appreciate it if those of you wanting to join us in Krystle let me know in the next day or two and I'll get you added to the guest list. I promised them some idea of numbers by mid-week so they can set up a table for us.

One space has become free in the tractor. No, a wheel hasn't fallen off......just a seat vacated!! So if anyone is interested, let me know. Pity that Voler pulled a muscle as we would have seen her the day before the Champion. But still, Big Zeb will be on show. Kimberlite King also had a knock at the weekend so he won't be galloping either.

Should be a great weekends craic in fairness.

I have booked bewleys for both nights, so i have all more or less done now.

Tractor is in for a service on Friday in advance of the main event on Sat!! I think Colm will give Hezz one decent canter, Grey and Irish Stamp two and Del Boy.....well he'll need special attention!!

Martin, you are so gonna miss Krystle come Sat night!!

I won't pretend I haven't looked at flights this week...

Have a great one lads.

"If you cant run with the big dogs, stay on the porch..."

Ah you wont be missing much.

Stop reading here Betsmate, everyone else continue....

THIS WEEKEND IS GOING TO BE PHENOMENAL!!

Any reason there are only six runners in the maiden hurdle tomorrow? I can't remember ever seeing that few runners in a maiden on proper ground.

It's not just maiden hurdles, numbers running in bumpers seem to well down in recent weeks as well.

Was on to the handicapper the other day, no.s of horses in training in general are down. I was of the opinion that they may be trying to keep horses in the system shortly rather than trying to get them out. He didn't disagree.

Of course it could be due to the bad weather and nothing has been able to exercise.

Any reason there are only six runners in the maiden hurdle tomorrow? I can't remember ever seeing that few runners in a maiden on proper ground.

Horse numbers in general are down and especially those going into training for the first time. The cull starts with unraced horses that are not great at home. But the current poor turnouts could also be due to the extremely heavy ground mixed with the impact of the snow/ice. You need a fit horse to run on that ground and if you had any hold up you'd be tempted to wait another week or two. But it will be a general trend that balloting will not be as big an issue as before.

A great weekends crack men. Thanks Cantoris for the ride in the tractor and the tour of Colm's yard. Thanks Grey for organising the evenings festivities on Saturday night (and for the only winning Nap of the weekend in the form of 'Rick'). Nice meeting up with Irish Stamp, Del Boy and An Capall. Hope all went to plan getting home IS.

Good weekends craic had by all, i didnt think it was possible to go racing for two days and not back a winner!! Anything i fancied hit the bar, or hit the ground... Tough goin when its like that!!

Thanks to Grey and Cantoris for their organisation skills.

Good seeing Murphys yard. I see Cantoris sponsoring of the handicap hurdle worked out well, with JP Mc Manus buying all remaining shares in the syndicates. Well done JP.

Back