Greyhound Racing

Trevor the offer is fantastic and I would jump at it if I didnt have two little ones to consider, I have no family nearby and I wouldnt leave them with anybody else and they would be a pain to take with us :cry: . This does not mean that the Tiger issue isnt being seriously considered, we would take him with or without seeing him in the flesh. It is a heck of a long way though.

Just emailed Paul to say we would love to have him. :D We have thought long and hard about this and now I cant wait to see him. Pauls going to come and see where we are and where Tiger will be so we get to meet him too. Sorry punctuations gone to pot. :lol:

Hi Isty

Fan 'bloody' tastic, hope you enjoy each other's love and affection ( Tiger that is and not Paul ) LOL.

Best regards
Trevor

Hi Isty

Thanks from one and all in the FF syndicate. I'm sure you will enjoy his company.

Best Regards
Trevor

What great news! I hope it is a mutually satisfing arrangement for all concerned.

Well done Isty! B)

Paul came to see us yesterday and he's lovely, he even put up with my orrible little tykes.

Tiger will be becoming part of our family, hopefully on 23rd August and I cant wait, it would be sooner but a family wedding in August scuppered a quicker arrival.

Will keep you posted on how Tiger settles in.

Lovely news, and please can we see a photo of the lovely Tiger mingling with the family in due course, Isty?

Hi Isty

We are sponsoring a race at next weeks syndicate get together named 'Isty is Tigers new mum stakes'. I'm sure Paul will keep you a copy of the racecard for your memorabilia.
Tiger is doing fine and hopefully will be with you as soon as he has recovered from his operation (poor lad).

Best regards
Trevor

Wow thank you Trevor and all FF syndicate, I feel really chuffed, now thats a thing thats never happened to me before (one to put in my memoires).

Have a great night out and a drink for me and my other half. We'll be thinking of you.

Went Tiger shopping today (me and the tykes), big new bed, food and water bowls and lots of toys and treats, we got a couple of soft brushes for the kids to help groom him (poor doggy). We all cant wait till he arrives. Hope he's not too sore after his op (cant even get hubby to do that one) :rolleyes: I'll make it up to him when he gets here.

Once again thank you, it really means a lot, I cant stop grinning.

What a lovely gesture Trevor - well done to you and those at FF. Isty, people like you deserve nice things to happen to them. Cherish the memories.

Yay Tiger arrived in style today, Paul brought him all the way in his car and my goodness he's lovely (Tiger although Pauls not bad either :P ) his pictures dont do him justice, what a stunner. He's settling in well, the kids love him and he's a dream to take on a walk. He's met my two maniacs and completely ignored them (not easy with huskies), no probs so far with the toilet training and after a few false starts the stairs are now mastered.

I'll try and get a picture up at some point although being a techno idiot it might take a while.

Just want to thank FF syndicate for us now having a superb doggy running around the house.

Hi Pet

Glad you and the kids love him to bits, he is very gentle and proud and I'm sure it will be a lovely partnership.
Thanks once again for giving him a loving home.
You also have all the gratitude from the lads in the FF syndicate, anything you need or want just give me or Paul a shout.

Thanks and regards
Trevor

ps dont forget the piccies !!!

What a great, uplifting story with a lovely ending. Everyone is a winner in this scenario -- not least of all Tiger. It is instances like this that shows what a great instrument for goodness the Internet can be in bringing together people with a common desire for mutual and benficial co-operation. My best wishes to all involved in this heart-warming affair.

I too look forward to seeing some photo's when Tiger is fully settled in.

Good point, Icebreaker.

For all we get on one another's tits on here at times (in the literary sense of course, Brian/Merlin, before either of you comment), sometimes these forums really do illustrate the better side of life in general!

Well done FF boys and Isty and family - have a long and happy life, Tiger!

Glad to hear Tiger has settled in so well Isty - all the best with him.

Yup, this place can certainly be a very useful tool & illustrate the better side of life at times... B)

There was a tiny bit of extra news. The race we sponsored in Isty's name at Monmore was won by one of our trainer's dogs and I had the pleasure of presenting the trophy to one of our kennel mates. A few of us backed him too, on Ken's advice, which was helpful since we had done our proverbials on our own two dogsear;ier in the evening.

Hi Isty, I hope Tiger has settled in well, he was very special to all of us in the Final Furlong syndicate.
One particularly great memory was of one of our get togethers when Tiger was running. The more we studied the card the more certain we were that Tiger would win, and he duly did the business for us at 5/1 paying for everybody's weekend in the process.
Thanks for giving Tiger a home, I hope he gives you and your family a lot of pleasure for many years.

As some of you already know I own a racing greyhound currently running around Wimbledon. I'd never really liked greyhounds before and always stuck with Border Collies (Mainly because I have one) but our dog is brilliant, very proud and always tries his best, hes finally managed to win his second race from 6 after suffering an injury on his third outing after being cut up on the rail and jacknifed into the rail. He won very well indeed by 4 3/4L, hes found a new lease of life now and I hope it can continue. :D

Good luck with him Jamie, although you could have found a better track.
Wimbledon has been completely ruined in my opinion, especially the side they now call the Mick the Miller stand. It's almost impossible to have a bet with the bookmakers and the Tote now, mainly because you need to go on a 3 mile hike after the so called stadium improvements. In fact I think they are trying to make it as difficult as possible to have a bet with the bookmakers.
The other side, (The more expensive side) is, and always has been an absolute shithole. There is standing room for no more than about 300 people, ans 298 of those stand right in front of the bookmakers, making it bloody difficult for anyone else to see their prices or have a bet.
I hate Wimbledon and have vowed never to go there again, how that dump still holds the greyhound derby is beyond my understanding.

Moan over. :D

Originally posted by Ted@Sep 2 2005, 05:49 PM
Good luck with him Jamie, although you could have found a better track.
I hate Wimbledon and have vowed never to go there again
Still Ted, the dubious attraction and pleasure of Wimbledon may this time next year be a distant memory. I understand that Wimbledon Stadium is a target to be sold off........ bad and all as it is (and you do make very valid criticism of the place) at least it is an operational locale for the time being for greyhound fans.

Accepting that Walthamstow has already been bought by Wimpey from the Chandler family for housing development, that will leave your choice of London greyhound venues at zilch. I never thought I would see the day when the capital would be bereft of greyhound racing.

an absolute travesty imo.

It was only a matter of time before Luke Johnson and his venture Capitalist Firm who bought the GRA (Wimbledon, Belle Vue, Perry Barr,Hall Green, Portsmouth and Oxford) looked for a return on the 50.6 million they paid.

I had sadly predicted the break up of the group on the Belle Vue Owners website within a year of the 1st March takeover. My sources close to teh action tell me they're trying to do a deal whereby only part of the Wimbledon site is sold off for development with the track remaining. as poor a track as it is Ted, 1 track in the capital is better than none at all.

I believe in the 1950s there were over 20 venues in the capital where you could watch greyhound racing. half a century on it looks like we'll be down to none :(

Back