Hennessy field.

Joncol's better off in the Durkan or Lexus - he had no chance of staying the Hennessy trip anyway.

Last edited:
Interesting the way the bookmakers have priced this up. On all known form I would have thought Wayward Prince would be fav. Clearly I'm not renouned for my skills as an odds compiler (or punter for that matter:D) but I'd price them up here as follows.

Wayward Prince 6/1...
Great Endeavour 7/1...
Eiteen Thritythree 8/1...
Wymott 9/1...

I can only conclude a compelling factor in the bookmakers stand has been on the trainers and their pecking order.

Nicholls 11/2, Pipe and McCain 7/1 and then Ian Williams at 8's...

The featherweight of 10:2 is the reason I will be backing Wymott.

Last edited:
If you think it's a rough lot I recommend you back Wayward Prince... I don't think he can run a bad race here... if it is as you say and there is nothing to beat (I take the view that it is competitive), he'll win doing cartwheels.

Might row in with you there. The Giant Bolster catches the eye but his completion record recently is gash to quote Bar The Bull. I thiught Tullamore Dew's form was better until I had a closer look.

Last edited:
I don't know about The Giant Bolster, he's not one I especially warm to, although some seem to fancy him.

I fancy Wymott too, but if he's that well fancied then why is Maguire riding Overturn in the Fighting Fifth?

He wants to stay on Peddler's Cross, of course, who is turning out at Bangor then he'll try to fly to Newcastle for Overturn... Newbury would be a stretch too far.

Yes the pay-off would be to waste for the big race for a possibility of success, or stick with at least one sure winner and have breakfast.

Graham Lee a more than capable deputy. If Wymott were to win the Hennessy, i would expect hsi price for the Gold CUp would come in quite a bit from the 80-1 available on betfair now. If you are backing him tomorrow, a few £'s on the GC market is a must.

Graham Lee a more than capable deputy. If Wymott were to win the Hennessy, i would expect hsi price for the Gold CUp would come in quite a bit from the 80-1 available on betfair now. If you are backing him tomorrow, a few £'s on the GC market is a must.

Wouldn't touch him at treble figures for the Gold Cup. Looked like he hated the track in the RSA.

Carruthers 25/1 (antepost) & Tullamore Dew 20/1 against the field for me. Race maybe lacking a little in quality this year but should be a cracking contest nonetheless. Gl with all selections :)

Planet of Sound Newbury record is 2111..goes well fresh ..ground perfect..and 158 is a decent mark when looking at his run behind IC in last years Betfair Chase..looks a decent bet in this

Planet of Sound Newbury record is 2111..goes well fresh ..ground perfect..and 158 is a decent mark when looking at his run behind IC in last years Betfair Chase..looks a decent bet in this

I'm backing him.

I backed Sarando (avg 38) and Beshabar (26) ante-post, and have covered those bets with Wayward Prince. I've included Planet of Sound with all three in combo fc's and tc's (because I can never resist a Quixotic tilt in this race).

Great Endeavour for me. I think he's more likely to stay than seems to be assumed. Run up to scratch in a top 3m hurdle and lasted out in heavy at towcester. Not convinced the second season horses are all that. Form is flattening out and they all ended up in a heap in the RSA.

Back