Hennessy

Good run from Denman, beaten by two good horses who were getting a load of weight. Diamond Harry and Burton Port both ran stormers. Pandorama was very disappointing even allowing for having been hampered.

Nick williams is some trainer isnt he? Lovely performance but I just was awestruck by Denman. What an absolutely fantastic horse he is

a genuinely great race and this is sport at its very best

class is class.....and Tom Segal is class.:rolleyes:

Well done Diamond Harry.

Last edited:
Told everyone to back Diamond Harry for weeks, then deserted him and backed Weird Al after having 2nd thoughts about Harry's jumping.

Sick.

Well done to Euronymous, it was you who convinced me to back this horse. What a performance and what a day. Harry and Peddlers. Unbelievable.

What a fantastic finish. Congratulations to Diamond Harry's connections, and well done all those who backed him.

Burton Port ran a most admirable race. He's as tough as old boots.

And Denman, well, he made the race. He's lost nothing in defeat. A superb, brave effort from a fantastic horse.

Nick williams is some trainer isnt he? Lovely performance but I just was awestruck by Denman. What an absolutely fantastic horse he is

a genuinely great race and this is sport at its very best

Awesome race. Denman and Diamond Harry come out of it with enormous credit because they went some lick in front. I was dead worried about the held up Weird Al and Burton Port for most of the contest but Diamond Harry jumped beautifully apart from when tired at the last.

Well done to all who picked the winner.I'd gone for Carruthers and Madison but,and I know this sounds old hat,I had to drive down to Barnstaple this morning, snow and all, and while I'm on my travels I always watch out for the 'first horsebox' and lo and behold I saw Nick Williams somewhere down near the Taunton area so slapped a few quid on 'Harry'. Good times!

Well Done, Euro! You were consistent and persistent in your arguments. I ruled him out for suspect jumping, clearly not the case today.

Last edited:
It was a thoroughly super race to watch, without any dreadful incidents to ruin the result, thank God. Well done to everyone who got a return, but the horses were superstars today, the whole bunch of them. DENMAN was very brave and it says something when the winner's receiving a good 28lbs off him. Anchor anyone with the same weight, and no way will they beat Denny.

From a ratings point of view the two animals immediately behind Denman both carried 9-9 with claimers on. The Tother One's OR is 154 and Niche Market's is 148 - so if we take 151 as a guide (the former made a big mistake at one point) then the Tank has run to around his official mark today. That clouting of the second last cost him lengths and momentum as well. Awesome effort really.

I was pleased to be proven wrong with my assessment that Diamond Harry wouldn't jump well enough to win, but should place. The horse didn't put a foot wrong and showed that he has matured today and has very possibly sorted out his jumping. Well done the the team at George Nympton, their hard word certainly paid off. I don't suppose Diamond Harry was much of a bad price at 11 grand, was he??

I don't suppose Diamond Harry was much of a bad price at 11 grand, was he??

Certainly not. And Diamond Brook, at twice the price, should be twice as good :)

DH might go straight to the Gold Cup, though a run in January not ruled out. Peter Marsh Chase perhaps.

Jockeys apparently reported the going as 'dead' so an extra well done to all finishers, and double carrots to all those in the 1,2,3.

It was a great race, maybe the best handicap race ever.
Diamond Harry. top class trainer, the horse jumped superb and put a good level but the highlight of the race was Denman, it was a performance almost on par with his 2 wins here and if he is able to run the same in the gold Cup, Imperial Commander has a very serious rival.

Back