Hennessy

I really think Denman can - and will - win it. He's such a big, weight carrying horse that the weight won't make any difference to him and the only end of the scale where the weight differences are likely to count are at the bottom end where most of them are out of the handicap so just aren't able to overcome that disadvantage. I really can't see anything to beat him - of the rest the ones I think will place are Diamond Harry who I think is a bit clumsy and almost certain to make mistakes that will cost him from winning and Carruthers who will think he's loose with his weight and almost certainly run on to place.

For those that may be interested in Denman's views of his opponents (well, TheRealDenman that is, but I've no doubt he really is the horse) :

Look.....Harry is soft in the head, Weirdy had a real hard race at Carlisle and Pando even got a nose bleed at very thought of taking me on!

As for BP [Burton Port], the stable jockey can't even ride him, Taranis is a cripple, China won't stay & don't even start me on that mincer Barbers Shop! posted before Geraghty said he'd jump onto Burton Port!

Neptune will be p.u chasing me from 5 out, Madison is a has been, Hey Big Spender is too goofy & WTF is The Tother One doing in the race?

Silver By Nature needs 6 miles, Niche & Dreamy have felt my power in previous Hennessys & f**k me even What A Friend beat Carruthers

Big Fella Thanks dogged it last time & Razor Royale going backwards so only slightly worried by 1 horse and it's not f*****g Hills Of Aran!!

remorselessly lifted from TheRealDenman on Twitter

So, Delargy, you can see what he thinks of Hills Of Aran!! :D

I really liked Dream Alliance until I started taking my medication again.:ninja:

Carruthers all the way, touch wood. Tom Segal gave him a tentative mention although I'm wondering why his main pick hasn't been backed off the boards yet? No changing to Carruthers now Don Tom Segal...

Last edited:
I really liked Dream Alliance until I started taking my medication again.:ninja:

Carruthers all the way, touch wood. Tom Segal gave him a tentative mention although I'm wondering why his main pick hasn't been backed off the boards yet? No changing to Carruthers now Don Tom Segal...

What was his pick out of curiousity??

I've laid Denman for a place at 2.16 and regret not doing so earlier in the week when he was about evens in the place market.

I think his last run was that of a horse who has had enough.

I've laid Denman for a place at 2.16 and regret not doing so earlier in the week when he was about evens in the place market.

I think his last run was that of a horse who has had enough.

Ditto. Overlaid him at 2.16 and had half of that back at 2.38 to give a net lay at Evens. Could only go one way in the market, surely?

Rory, are you not concerned Hey Big Spender needs proper soft ground?

Second thoughts, worth taking the chance at 20's I suppose!

Last edited:
its a classy field and denman is a monster ew lay,

but thats not a detriment in any way,

just a massive task which is looking impossible.

Last edited:
Cracking performance from Diamond Harry - well done to all who backed him but have to admit I couldn't have backed him :)

Denman ran a blinder back in third too :)

Back