Holiday Fancies

Given he is with Luke Comer, I am surprised he did not pitch Royal And Regal into the Grade 1 for novices later in the week!

Rite Of Passage is sure to be well schooled, progressing on the flat the whole time last year and he should be too classy for this bunch. Odds on shot in my book.

9/2 about Madison Du Berlais without Kauto is a stand out price for me. I'll take that to go with my EW on Barbers Shop.

Off to Kempton today, backing Dr Livingston, Vodka Brook and Naracat.

Have good day those that are going.

Given he is with Luke Comer, I am surprised he did not pitch Royal And Regal into the Grade 1 for novices later in the week!

Rite Of Passage is sure to be well schooled, progressing on the flat the whole time last year and he should be too classy for this bunch. Odds on shot in my book.

Is Comer a disaster then?

my main bets today:
Quito de la Roque and Sports Line at Limerick
King Olav at Kmp
Mr Cracker at Leop

Lastoftheleaders looks good but price is not special.

Madison de Berlais the one to upset the great Kauto.

Rite of Passage may well win easily but 4/11 is much too short, and I may well be a layer at that price.

I thought Sports Line would be evens or slight odds on - surprised to see 6/4.

My only bet of the day is Starluck

If he's going to win a big one, this is it, & with doubts about Binocular the 5/1 (if still available) is too big

9/2 about Madison Du Berlais without Kauto is a stand out price for me.

I had a bit of a think before making the same bet.

If last year's race can be taken at face value, Albertas Run could also be fancied. Nacarat made a very deep impression on me when appearing to absolutely hack up in the RP over c&d. I wonder if that finished him for the season, however, and we need to be very forgiving of three very poor runs to fancy him today. But I do. I'm not convinced Kauto Star was too far off his best form at Haydock, which puts Imperial Commander in with a shout (of being second). Our Vic would also have a chance if he was at his best, which he didn't need to be the time before last.

My head told me to back Imperial Commander w/o KS. However, it doesn't seem as strong in the market as MDB so I've allowed the market to sway me in favour of the latter.

As discussed in the Champion Hurdle thread, the form seems to be all over the place. Binocular is probably the pecentage call but isn't worth backing, nor can I bring myself to oppose him with any of this field. No bet, just watch and see how much the form affects my belief in Celestial Halo's chances.

The introduction of the French import in the Feltham renders that raceone to watch too.

No point in throwing away the nice returns from Rage Against the Machine and the White Christmas in Glasgow. :)

I also like Our Vic and Racing Demon to be placed, at 10 and 15.

Royal and Regal now 44!! Perhaps he's gone but that's much too high.

To put Luke Comer in context he is a London based Irish builder who flys home for long weekends to train his horses.Racing is his hobby not his profession.

My bet for today is Sizing Europe to win all returns laying Imperial Commander for a place.
Long Run may or may not win at Kempton but in my opinion its the equivalent of a top pointer making his debut under rules.4yo over 3 miles in a novice chase wouldn't be for me at a short price.

I agree about Long Run for the same reasons. I'm having an easy today but have an each way sprinkling on Ogee, Capt Cee Bee and Oscar Looby. I'd like to see Kauto win his fourth KG.

Busy day getting drunk with friends, haven't even bought a post. Read this thread, bookies next door to the pub, backed Long Run. Thanks to all who posted.

Big Game Hunter is very interestig in the first at Leopardstown tomorrow and will get a speculative punt from me.

Luke,
Further research would show you that Long Run has had much better form over fences (and a lot of experience) than any british or irish novice at this stage in years.

To compare french champion form to ptp is bizarre and really, really wide of the mark, and plain wrong.

Last edited:
I don't think Sizing Europe will win many more races over fences. Still fails to convince and Captain Cee Bee will be a real threat for the Arkle based on today.

Back