Horses to follow - Flat

RIGHT STEP (98) Epsom
Guaranteed to be underestimated by the punters & bookmakers, on visual evidence he looks like a Handicapper and people think they know all about him but he's a Group 2 performer and will go off a big price in pattern class which we can take advantage off.

The form should be worth its weight in gold.

Confidence: 5/5

Resurge who was dropped 4lbs for his run behind Right Step was a winner today at Chester 8/1 and I backed it in a double with Jack Dexter but sorry no time for write ups.

Last edited:
Part 2

Races To Follow 16th April - 7th May

WAR POET (95) Doncaster
Exciting proposition, the winner come home quite easily so it might overate the others in behind but I'm sure this rating could be bought into a Saturday Meeting at big prices especially on soft.

Confidence: 3/5

Kings Warrior run in the 1st race at Chester today trying to frank the War Poet effort and managed to come second at 5/2 behind the very useful Absinthe which makes War Poet's time even more significant when he runs next time out on softer conditions.

Last edited:
Part 2

SHESACHARACTER (90) Doncaster
Didn't think she had this in her locker and it's quite a strong effort although use this form wisely as I think it may be hard to get the form to work strongly throughout the country at bigger courses - might need to use it for a drop in class.

Confidence: 3/5

TILSWORTH GLENBOY (94) Yarmouth
Tremendous soft ground performer at this grade who could go onto win a much better handicap, I've already got a line through him with the Haydock race further up the page but this Yarmouth form will be rock solid too.

Confidence: 4/5

FARHH (101) Thirsk
An absolute tank of a performance from a Group horse in a handicap travelling wide throughout he was never off the bridle dispatching some of the most tough & stern Northern Handicappers in this Thirsk Hunt Cup with ease.

The winner will be no price next time out unless he's running in France or Group 1 level which is disappointing but those in behind will be judged a little less given the winners ease which will increase our value.

Shes A Character & Tillsworth Glenboy run today and we have Dubai Dynamo coming out from the Farhh run.

So far, need to keep looking through the cards to find any more.

Found 7 runners today from the races put up and 4 of them won

Winners

Sovereign Debt - 11/4
Indian River - 10/1
Fourth Generation - 9/2
Tillsworth Glenboy - 11/4

Other runners

Goodby Jackson 2nd @ 9/2
Dubai Dynamo 5th @ 7/2
She's A Character 9th @ 10/1

Good job you didn't have the wager Slim Chance because you'd be known as Fat Chance before too long.

Last edited:
Tomorrows Entrants

145 Ascot - Sir Maximilian
confidence: 5/5
250 Ascot - Imaginary World
confidence: 2/5
325 Ascot - Advanced
450 Haydock - Mr Spiggot
confidence: 3/5
450 Haydock - Dance The Rain
confidence: 3/5
450 Haydock - Bountiful Girl
confidence: 1/5
455 Lingfield - My Kingdom
confidence: 4/5
245 Nottingham - Kashmiri Star
425 Nottingham - Just Fabulous
425 Nottingham - Zakreet
845 Thirsk - Lizzie

Have found three more races to add to the races to watch list which I'll post later, been a long day so I have to take a little break now.

Last edited:
Aerodynamic will be carrying my cash at early prices, looking at the last run and given connections I think it'll be profitable over it's next few outings.

Runs 2.30 today. Not too sure what to expect this afternoon, a drifter this morning but now backed, not the sort of race I was expecting them to target.

We have a winning sequence thread but I thought it would be worth having somewhere to flag up horses we like and are worth following either throughout the season or next time out.

I'll start the ball rolling with Burwaaz. Loved this horse last year but he was only just getting 5 furlongs. I'm hoping with a winter on his back he will have settled and strengthened and if he has I can see him winning some top sprints this year. He might be one to catch first time up as well.

Runs tomorrow at Newbury. Very unlucky last time and i'm hopeful he can kick start his season tomorrow. He has pace to burn although i'm beginning to think he might be a bit of a nutter.... We'll see!!!! :whistle:

Gatewood really impressed me in the first at York yesterday. Hope he'll get an entry in a handicap at the Royal meeting. Maybe over further than the 10f he won at.

Gatewood really impressed me in the first at York yesterday. Hope he'll get an entry in a handicap at the Royal meeting. Maybe over further than the 10f he won at.

Showed good resolve in the final stages. An unexposed 4yo in good hands. Quite decent.

Burwaaz 9/2 - I've had a fair bet on him. Price is too big although i'd prefer him to be running over 5f.

"Saturday Doncaster 6.55 MILIIKA, making her racecourse debut, was held up at the back until half-way then made rapid headway down the outside of the field, hung left not aiding the cause of at least two of her opponents, led a furlong out and just run out of it close home."

Wins the Brighton 2.30 @ 1/2........I can pick 'em.:whistle:

Part 2

SHAZHAN (92) Doncaster
To the naked eye you would see a lightly raced 4 year old giving weight to a highly uninspiring field and you'd be mistaken for passing this race on when reading the cards if you ever come across it but DONT.

This is a highly promising time & performance from the winner, it really could work out exceptionally well and I'm sure we'll make good money from this race.

"Saturday Doncaster 6.55 MILIIKA, making her racecourse debut, was held up at the back until half-way then made rapid headway down the outside of the field, hung left not aiding the cause of at least two of her opponents, led a furlong out and just run out of it close home."

Wins the Brighton 2.30 @ 1/2........I can pick 'em.:whistle:

Hope you waded in like I did Colin.

Not a bad team we are.

Colin,

I know Clive Brittain finds it hard to place his horses these days but I think we missed a winner in the last at Kempton 5/1 - Watanee who was 8th in that Maiden has come out to win a Handicap over a mile by 1.75l

Sods law, hope you managed to get on unlike some!

Last edited:
Zetland Gold Cup Redcar Monday June 4th.

MID MON LADY (7-y-o) (Sir Mark Prescott)

Having her first run for the Baronet after being very busy for H.Rogers in Ireland, this was her 64th. run, six wins in there the last of them two years ago.

On her debut in this country she was quite keen early on and was held up out the back until making progress in the straight and going very well two, didn't get the best of runs but when clear didn't show instant acceleration but ran on really well and would have won in another 50 metres.

No entries in the immediate future but I'm sure the master trainer will find a racce or two for her.

MID MON LADY runs this evening at Warwick in the Listed Warwickshire Oaks over 10f.

She hasn't managed to succeed above handicap company but The Baronet might be able to work the oracle with her.

Some interest in the market 4 > 7/2, it's almost an each-way price!;)

Dunno why this tread died a death so early last season as I thought it was useful.

Carry on Sydney was eye catching in the 3.35 at Musselburgh. Badly drawn he went far side and put notable distance between himself in second and the other horses in the frame in the last half furlong.

Rich Coast who won very easily at Cork today could be a top of the range handicapper or better.
Yellow Mountain won a maiden for Botti at Wolverhampton in Feb-part owned by Sue Magnier-should be a decent sort.

5 i'll be following.

1.pedro serrano-henry candy

2.riposte-henry cecil

3.secret session-marco botti

4.dalgig-jamie osborne

5.audacia-hugo palmer.

NEARLY CAUGHT made a nice racecourse debut at Windsor yesterday.

Seemingly unfancied at 14/1, was a bit slovenly at the start but given a typical George Baker ride was held up out the back until making ground in the straight and going on to win without fuss. Not sure what he beat but the dam has already produced two decent animals and given the usual Hughie Morrison pattern he should be up to winning a handicap or three.

Here's a few worth keeping an eye on this season:

Fleur de cactus - Sir Michael Stoute: lightly raced 4yo mare, not sure if she has/will be kept in training, but if she comes back over middle distances she's one to follow. From an amazing family, so they might pursue some black type; take the hint if she runs.

Liber Nauticus - Same connections, 3yo filly who I had down to follow but having just looked at the Oaks market clearly everyone else did! Cannot believe she is so short but she must be fulfilling the potential her pedigree and debut performance suggests she has.

Flying Officer - John Gosden: 3yo, brother to Lucarno and Thought Worthy. Obviously a difficult horse having worn a hood second time out and had the snip but he had a Derby entry at one stage so must have some talent. I can see Gosden running up a sequence with this fella starting from 88. I expect him to rated closer to 105 by the end of the season.

Foundry - A P O'Brien: Well bred 3yo colt who won a good looking back end maiden. Not sure he is a Derby winner but I certainly think he'll make a nice 10-12f horse this season and will be one of Ballydoyle's better 3 yo's.

Aragorn
They rushed Fleur de Cactus off to stud after her one win last year. They must rate her a bit as she has Redoute's Choice as her intended first mating. As a Montjeu half-sister to Fiorente's dam she must have a bit going for her..
With you on Liber Nauticus

My addition;-

Talent - R Becket: A New Approach filly who ran twice last year, winning once. Comes from a well-established family and a half-sister to the useful Skilful. If she can settle she may be useful at about 10f.

Back