Horses to Follow

Bon Enfant

Let me down today at Wincanton when going off a well backed favourite [Backed him at 5-1]

But horse got stopped in his tracks when almost falling 3 out. Was going ok at the time, though I don't think would have beaten the impressive Nicholls winner.

I know connections think they have a well treated horse, and some small compensation today will be that he should be dropped a pound or two for finishing 8th

Runs tomorrow [2.25 Warwick]

Is a big price but has been dropped 3lb since last poor run, and is stepped up in trip with first time blinkers. Plus stable is in great form

So worth taking each way the 25-1 with Bet 365

Is a big price but has been dropped 3lb since last poor run, and is stepped up in trip with first time blinkers. Plus stable is in great form

That's a race PP will probably pay 4 places on in the shops. That could be a very nice angle.

3rd

​Cracking run and relished the 3 mile+. Nice return on the place part of the bet, and will retain Bon Enfant in the list...though will not be 25-1 next time!

Won his bumper on good spring ground.

After today also you have to say he is unexposed over 3 miles now. However has his quirks as wore ear plugs to the start today.

Won his bumper on good spring ground.

After today also you have to say he is unexposed over 3 miles now. However has his quirks as wore ear plugs to the start today.

Just seen this now. Well done Placebacker. I was also keen for all of the reasons you state and thought everything pointed to a good run.

Am a bit disappointed he didn't win? Yes. I thought Fehily had him well positioned off a good gallop set by Pipe's. He did hit 2 out and part of me wonders if that checked him slightly before he ran on again.

I think it's more likely the mistake didn't make a difference and it may well be that he'll just need more than 3m and a fence to be seen to best effect.

Just to add, Greatrex on him on his stable tour in October.

"He did well last year and won two and ran a couple of respectable races after - especially in his last race of the season. He appreciates soft ground and I still think he is nicely weighted. He seems to have improved a lot over the Summer and we will look at a handicap over two and a half miles at the beginning of November and then we can plan from there. I would hope he is a horse that can progress quite a lot this season."

See Bon Enfant is only 20-1 for the Pertemps at the Festival.

But not yet certain to run and with a preference for soft ground, is not a price worth risking at the moment.

Bells On Sunday

Finished 3rd today at Ffos Las, had backed her at 8-1. Was well punted into 5-1 for a stable who like a bet.

Looked a contender coming into the straight but got tired in the conditions after being a bit free on the first circuit.

But it was an improvement on her debut run, and did have the 6-4 favourite behind. Do think this mare will win a race and would probably benefit from a stronger ride

Sadly Bells On Sunday lost her life today with a fatal fall at Chepstow:(

Treaty Girl

Pulled up when a well backed 15-8. favourite today at Catterick, had backed her at 9-4

Obviously the run was too bad to be taken seriously, as she was never travelling. Had to be the going which looked tacky.

Think we will see the horse next on at worse good to soft ground and maybe shorter trip. That being the case then, will get a run for our money

Any Drama

Only 4th today at Newbury despite being backed [Got 7-2] as if defeat was not much of an option!

But it was his first run since 8th April, and his hurdling especially early on was not fluent.

Did travel like a good horse though and when leading into the straight all looked good, but I think he got tired and a lot of the trainers horses have needed that first run this season. Jockey looked after him then and also think he needs softer ground.

Runs tomorrow [2.50 Market Rasen]

Got the soft ground, and has a festival novice entry

Already on for tomorrow @ 4-1...currently 3-1

Le Tissier

Though had couple of nice winners today, this is the one that got away as should have won the race with comfort.

Put the horse up @ 7-2 this morning and it went off a well backed 9-4 favourite. Everything was looking cosy in first half of the race as the gelding travelled nicely in midfield.

However when the pace quickened half a mile out and without any reason and little effort from his rider the horse suddenly lost his position and was back in last place. Looked to me in greyhound terms that he got slightly "crowded".

His young jockey then switched him to the outside before quickly deciding to go back in. Wrong decision!

As eventual winner come down the outside while my bet met the inevitable congestion up the middle in the straight surrounded by horses.

Did run on well to get 2nd but race was lost and jockey knew it and only gave the horse a couple slaps of the whip. Hopefully the handicapper won't punish the horse for this unlucky run as I think he is not badly handicapped and should win a staying race pretty soon.

Dream Ally

Had a blank day but this is a horse that should have won his race. Got 9-2 and he started 5-2 favourite.

He wore a blind in the stalls when last loaded and though Luke Morris took them off in time the horse missed the kick which when you are dropping from 6 furlongs down to 5 it's not ideal.

So right away he was not in a good position and Morris kept him on the inside hoping the gap would appear in the home straight, it didn't so plan B had to be thought of and you can see the jockey looking to his outside to switch the gelding for a middle challenge.
But he ran into a horse sandwich and had to sit and suffer while the race was being won up front, he then tried to challenge on the outside and got kept in again.
Ran on well for 3rd place without Morris throwing the kitchen sink at the horse, yet was only beaten under a length.

I have no doubt he would have won the race with a clear run, and is a winner without a penalty going forward. Can win a 5 furlong handicap but probably more effective over 6.

See Bon Enfant is only 20-1 for the Pertemps at the Festival.

But not yet certain to run and with a preference for soft ground, is not a price worth risking at the moment.

Runs tomorrow [4.10 Ascot]

Surprised that he is coming back in trip, but like it that Noel Fehily rides again

Has top weight but worth an each way bet I think @ 15-2 [Coral]

Unplaced!

Not had chance to analyse race proper yet, but be surprised if not stepped up in trip next run

Le Tissier

Though had couple of nice winners today, this is the one that got away as should have won the race with comfort.

Put the horse up @ 7-2 this morning and it went off a well backed 9-4 favourite. Everything was looking cosy in first half of the race as the gelding travelled nicely in midfield.

However when the pace quickened half a mile out and without any reason and little effort from his rider the horse suddenly lost his position and was back in last place. Looked to me in greyhound terms that he got slightly "crowded".

His young jockey then switched him to the outside before quickly deciding to go back in. Wrong decision!

As eventual winner come down the outside while my bet met the inevitable congestion up the middle in the straight surrounded by horses.

Did run on well to get 2nd but race was lost and jockey knew it and only gave the horse a couple slaps of the whip. Hopefully the handicapper won't punish the horse for this unlucky run as I think he is not badly handicapped and should win a staying race pretty soon.

Runs tomorrow night at Kempton [8.15]

Not been dropped but still expect a decent run. Already on each way at 7-1....currently 13-2

Money was down for sure....2-1 fav!

But sadly did not get the fast pace he needs, this race 2 seconds slower than the other division. But he ran well enough despite that to finish 3rd.

Can understand now why connections have been trying him over 5 furlongs, and he is a horse to keep the faith in

Steel River

Is out after a break tomorrow night [Kempton,7.15]

Jamie Spencer is an interesting booking, style should suit the horse if they go quick over this 6 furlongs [ 2nd on him only ride]

Took the early 9-2 as stable having some recent winners. Is now 7-2...

Only 5th...same old story not a fast run race and ran on through beaten horses at the death

Only positive was horse not given hard race as Spencer knew leaders were not coming back to him.

Keep him in the list but only now if next run is over 5 furlongs....

Only 5th...same old story not a fast run race and ran on through beaten horses at the death

Only positive was horse not given hard race as Spencer knew leaders were not coming back to him.

Keep him in the list but only now if next run is over 5 furlongs....

Did you seen the market on betfair before the off? This horse isn't being run on its merits, and hasn't been for ages.

Back